Surnames/tags: data_doctors db_error_643
Description of Warning - 643: () in death location
Parentheses ( ) are used within the death location name. Parentheses are not allowed in location fields.
Content of info column: part in parentheses.
- A member added additional information about the death place name within the parentheses.
- Parentheses were added due to a Gedcom upload.
- Remove the section within the parentheses to the biography with an explanation of the change.
Make sure the remaining place name is in a correct name format.
- Possible Example: Italia is the country of death. The English translation is added in parentheses (Italy). Move the English translation to the biography stating that Italia is also Italy in English.
- If you are not sure what the purpose of the information in the parentheses is, move it under a Death Location heading stating it is additional information moved from the location field.
- If the portion within the parentheses is part of the correct place name, simply remove the parentheses.
For each Warning you can set status. You can set it as Corrected, Not corrected, False Warning, Proposed merge or just add a Comment.
If there are related errors for the profile, you will also see them on status page.
Full description is available on Status Help Page.
Questions and Discussions on this Warning
You can read what other people have asked here db_error_643.
You can also share your best practices, experiences, problems about this Warning by posting a questions in G2G. If you create a new G2G discussion for this Warning add tag data_doctors and db_error_643.
Location is checked for defined text in parentheses. There can be additional text, but is stil reported as a warning. Text is searched like "*(*QC*Canada*)*" asterix representing any text. Comparison is case insensitive.
- This page is part of the Data Doctors Project.
- Clean-A-Thon: Get ready for Spring Clean-A-Thon 2019, that will be at the end of April. You can register now.
- Latest report: April 21st 2019 and the Spreadsheet.
- Data Doctors Challenge: None due to CleanAThon
- Custom reports by: Suggestion lists, Unsourced lists, Unconnected lists.
- See for custom reports and statistics.
- Latest ProjectBox Report: Project Report
- Latest Categories Report: Categories Suggestions Report
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Linda Peterson, Aleš Trtnik, Janet Wild, Sheryl Moore, and Karen Hoy. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)