Surnames/tags: data_doctors db_error_648
Description of Warning - 648: Death location Country not preferred by project
This warning is caused when a death location is abbreviated or ambiguous, or a separator issue if a comma is missing between place and country.
Location endings that are identified as invalid are defined in this table. Look for number 618 in "Accepted spelling" column. The table is maintained by Aleš and Data Doctors project in colaboration with other geographical projects.
Content of info column: Possible country
The location is recognized as the country in predefined countries list, but it is flagged as not recommended form due to ambiguity.
Correct the Death location, but be carefull, since some locations can be ambigious. If you think the country form is correct, open the subject in G2G, or in the Data Doctors Google Group (if you are a member). Some projects made extensive documentation on location names depending on the time. Here they are:
For each Warning you can set status. You can set it as Corrected, Not corrected, False Warning, Proposed merge or just add a Comment.
If there are related errors for the profile, you will also see them on status page.
Full description is available on Status Help Page.
Questions and Discussions on this Warning
You can read what other people have asked here db_error_648.
You can also share your best practices, experiences, problems about the Warning by posting a question in G2G. If you create a new G2G discussion for this Warning, add tag data_doctors and db_error_648.
Ending of each entered Death location is recognized as specific country, but that form is marked as unofficial in the Predefined countries list. I do the recognition based on https://plus.wikitree.com/function/WTShowTable/Table.htm?table=Countries. This definitions are still being added, so ask for additions if needed.
Suggestion reportsYou can see the weekly prepared list of the latest suggestions prepared on November 26th 2023. You can also get the online report on WikiTree+.
- This page is part of the Data Doctors Project.
- Latest report: November 26th 2023.
- Data Doctors Challenge: GEDCOM_Data_XLII and .
- Custom reports by: Suggestion lists, Unsourced lists, Unconnected lists.
- See for custom reports and statistics and our Video Collection.
- Latest ProjectBox Report: Project Report
- Latest Categories Report: Categories Suggestions Report
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Sheryl Moore, Aleš Trtnik, Data Doctors Project WikiTree, and Janet Wild. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)