Surnames/tags: data_doctors db_error_749
Description of Warning - 749: Middle Name used in some areas
The middle name field contains a name for a person born in a region that doesn't have a concept of using a middle name.
Content of info column: The Middle name
This usually happens with imported gedcoms, where the first name is automatically split and moved to middle name. It can be also the result of the yellow warning on profile save that middle name should be used instead of multiple first names.
Move the name to first name. Please note that not in all cases persons classified as Dutch born actually are. Examples of these are birth locations ending NL (Newfoundland and Labrador abbreviation) and ending Amsterdam (multiple places worldwide with this name). In these cases correct the place of birth by replacing abbreviations by full place names or by qualifying the place of birth with country name.
For each Warning you can set status. You can set it as Corrected, Not corrected, False Warning, Proposed merge or just add a Comment.
If there are related errors for the profile, you will also see them on status page.
Full description is available on Status Help Page.
Questions and Discussions on this Warning
You can read what other people have asked here db_error_749.
You can also share your best practices, experiences, problems about the Warning by posting a question in G2G. If you create a new G2G discussion for this Warning, add tag data_doctors and db_error_749.
Checks for presence of the middle name for profiles where it shouldn-t be used. At the moment it is checked for profiles where:
- birth location was identified as The Netherlands.
- profile is managed by Project:Acadians - WikiTree-2
Suggestion reportsYou can see the weekly prepared list of the latest suggestions prepared on February 18th 2024. You can also get the online report on WikiTree+.
- This page is part of the Data Doctors Project.
- Latest report: February 18th 2024.
- Data Doctors Challenge: Reference_Tags_XLIV and .
- Custom reports by: Suggestion lists, Unsourced lists, Unconnected lists.
- See for custom reports and statistics and our Video Collection.
- Latest ProjectBox Report: Project Report
- Latest Categories Report: Categories Suggestions Report
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Aleš Trtnik, Data Doctors Project WikiTree, and Janet Wild. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)