Surnames/tags: data_doctors db_error_811
Description of Error - 811: Uncleaned profile after merge
When two profiles have been merged, the biography of the merged-away profile is added at the end of the the text of the merged-into profile. So after a merge, you need to edit the new profile's biography and merge the information from both profiles to have only one Biography and one Sources section. See also: 811: Profile After Merge Biography Example
This is a common quality problem inside WikiTree and 2016 oct we had 206 047 profiles identified with this problem 2% of the profiles... see announcement in G2G
Content of info column: The current number of merged biographies needing to be combined in the new profile.
VideoSuggestion 811 Uncleaned profile after merge
- Work has not been done after a merge or multiple merges
- Merged biographies are usually separated with a line. In edit mode you will see ----
- Correct the profiles so it is one profile.
- Often content of one profile is almost empty (only containing Biography and Sources headings with no information). These are easy to fix, since you only need to delete the empty copy of a biography.
- For all other merges, all Biography information should be under a single ==Biography== heading and all sources should be under a single == Sources ==heading with a <references />tag beneath the Sources heading.
- In order to clear the 811 suggestion, there can only be one Biography and one Sources Heading with one references tag. Multiple headings or tags will cause the suggestion to remain.
- When possible, combine other headings as well such as Name, Birth, Death, etc.
- Siblings, spouses, and children in a merge
Check that any duplicate siblings and spouses are merged as every profile is merged independently. When two profiles are merged, their siblings, spouses, and children are not automatically merged at the same time. If they are duplicates they will need to be merged as well.
For each Error you can set status. You can set it as Corrected, Not corrected, False Error, Proposed merge or just add a Comment.
If there are related errors for the profile, you will also see them on status page.
Full description is available on Status Help Page.
Questions and Discussions on this Error
You can read what other people have asked here db_error_811.
You can also share your best practices, experiences, problems about this Error by posting a questions in G2G. If you create a new G2G discussion for this Error add tag data_doctors and db_error_811.
Suggestion reportsYou can see the weekly prepared list of the latest suggestions prepared on April 18th 2021. You can also get the online report on WikiTree+.
- This page is part of the Data Doctors Project.
- Clean-A-Thon: Get ready for Spring Clean-A-Thon 2021, that will be at the end of April. You can register now.
- Latest report: April 18th 2021 and the Spreadsheet.
- Custom reports by: Suggestion lists, Unsourced lists, Unconnected lists.
- See for custom reports and statistics and our Video Collection.
- Latest ProjectBox Report: Project Report
- Latest Categories Report: Categories Suggestions Report
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Sheryl Moore, Aleš Trtnik, Janet Wild, and Data Doctors Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)