Surnames/tags: data_doctors db_error_835
Categories: DD Suggestions Help.
Description of Error - 835: Local file reference
This error lists profiles that contain references to files on a local computer. These files are not visible to anyone on internet.
Content of info column: Lines, where the file is listed. ex. File: C:\Users\shpatten\Documents\Geneaology\Grant_Photos\P110_1568_1156.jpg
No one more than the user that uploaded the GEDCOM can access the file P110_1568_1156.jpg as the file probably is located on his/hers own PC
- GEDCOM import that is not cleaned.
- Remove the reference to local file and try to upload the picture to WikiTree or contact the person that did the GEDCOM import to upload the missing picture.
You can see in help under section photos, how to do that.
For each Error you can set status. You can set it as Corrected, Not corrected, False Error, Proposed merge or just add a Comment.
If there are related errors for the profile, you will also see them on status page.
Full description is available on Status Help Page.
Questions and Discussions on this Error
You can read what other people have asked here db_error_835.
You can also share your best practices, experiences, problems about this Error by posting a questions in G2G. If you create a new G2G discussion for this Error add tag data_doctors and db_error_835.
Bio text is searched for presence of 'c:\' or 'd:\', which covers most of local files.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Robin Rainford, John Morgan, Janet Wild, Aleš Trtnik, Karen Hoy, and Sheryl Moore. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)