Surnames/tags: data_doctors db_error_901
Categories: DD Suggestions Help.
Description of Warning - 901: Unconnected empty public profiles
These profiles have nothing in any of the data fields (no birth or death) and in most cases are disconnected from any other profile. They are not open for editing.
- This suggestion was created for the Connectors Project and although it may be used for other Projects, it is not meant for general Data Doctor work. Please consider joining the Connectors Project if you would like to work on connecting these profiles.
Content of info column: Size of biography
These profiles were created before new rule disallowing both birth and death fields to be empty. (Now at least one is required)
See error 902.
UPMs should be filed if Profile Managers do not respond accordingly. With research, these profiles can be fleshed out. Looking at the PM's watchlist to see if it is a duplicate or others with the same surname may give indication of the era or region the orphan is from. Another approach is to search for similar name on Geni, Ancestry, and FamilySearch trees to see if the person uploaded a gedcom there and it remained intact.
If, after looking at all those places, still nothing turns up, the profile can be placed in the Recycle Unknowns category, but do not change any names or details on the profile. It should be used for the same name it originally was so keep the changes log consistent. Leave notes on the profile where research happened so others do not double up on your work.
Deletion should not be used. If there is some extenuating circumstance that indicates it, please get in touch with a Team member.
For each Warning you can set status. You can set it as Corrected, Not corrected, False Warning, Proposed merge or just add a Comment.
If there are related errors for the profile, you will also see them on status page.
Full description is available on Status Help Page.
Questions and Discussions on this Warning
You can read what other people have asked here db_error_901.
You can also share your best practices, experiences, problems about this Warning by posting a questions in G2G. If you create a new G2G discussion for this Warning add tag data_doctors and db_error_901.
Only public profiles are checked for this error. The profile is marked as an error if it has no relations (parents, children, marriage) and no birth and death data (date nor location). There can be false errors if it has relations to private or protected profiles.
- This page is part of the Data Doctors Project.
- Latest report: February 17th 2019 and the Spreadsheet.
- Custom reports by: Suggestion lists, Unsourced lists, Unconnected lists.
- See WikiTree+ for custom reports and statistics.
- Data Doctors Challenge: Names_VIII .
- Category suggestion report: Latest report
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Janet Wild, Sheryl Moore, Jan Terink, Robin Rainford, Aleš Trtnik, Karen Hoy, and John Morgan. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)