Surnames/tags: data_doctors db_error_902
Categories: DD Suggestions Help.
Description of Warning - 902: Unconnected empty open profiles
These profiles have nothing in any of the data fields (no birth or death) and in most cases are disconnected from any other profile. They are open for editing.
- This suggestion was created for the Connectors Project and although it may be used for other Projects, it is not meant for general Data Doctor work. Please consider joining the Connectors Project if you would like to work on connecting these profiles.
Content of info column: Size of biography
These were created before the new rule disallowing both birth and death fields to be empty. (Now at least one is required)
- Go to the current database error list (linked above)
- Scroll down to 902 in the table; click on the linkable # in that row to display the current list of profiles that have the 902 error.
- Click on one of the links in the 902 list.
- Check to see if all fields are empty and there is no link to another profile (there may be a connection to a private profile)
- If the profile is orphaned or the profile manager has not made a contribution to wikitree in over two years:
- Is there any evidence in the biography or the change log that would suggest a birth or death date or other information that you could add? If so, add it.
- If no information at all, first attempt to search for a similar name on Geni, Ancestry, and FamilySearch trees to see if the person uploaded a gedcom there and it remained intact.
- If no information can be found and there is nothing but a name on the profile, add the category [[Category: Recycle Unknowns]] above the biography heading. DO NOT DELETE ANY INFORMATION FROM THE PROFILE.
- NEVER MERGE ONE OF THESE PROFILES WITH ANOTHER TO MAKE IT GO AWAY. This causes problems with the WikiTree system, especially when two unlike profiles are merged.
- If the profile manager is active (has contributed within the last two years), post a message to the profile in question along the lines of:
- [Name of profile manager], Do you have any further information about this person-- in particular, even an estimated birth or death year, as well as a connection to another relative? We are trying to fix profiles that are empty and disconnected, as this one is. Your help in improving this profile is much appreciated. Thank you!"
Respond appropriately to any communications you receive from the profile manager. Be encouraging and supporting.
For each Warning you can set status. You can set it as Corrected, Not corrected, False Warning, Proposed merge or just add a Comment.
If there are related errors for the profile, you will also see them on status page.
Full description is available on Status Help Page.
Questions and Discussions on this Warning
You can read what other people have asked here db_error_902.
You can also share your best practices, experiences, problems about this Warning by posting a questions in G2G. If you create a new G2G discussion for this Warning add tag data_doctors and db_error_902.
Only open profiles are checked for this error. The profile is marked as an error if it has no relations (parents, children, marriage) and no birth and death data (date nor location). There can be false errors if it has relations to private or protected profiles.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Robin Rainford, John Morgan, Janet Wild, Aleš Trtnik, Karen Hoy, Sheryl Moore, and Jan Terink. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)