This project is a sub-project of the DNA Project
The DNA Categorization Team goals are:
- Category maintenance: Correcting errors in category names; Adding categories to heirarchy.
- Category oversight and collaboration: Facilitating category oversight and collaboration between projects and Wikitree users .
- Category vision: Assuring that the whole category structure from top to bottom is coherent and easily accessible.
The DNA project needs to define how we set-up the hierarchy for DNA categorization on WikiTree.
- Can we create Categories for HaploGroups?
For mtDNA full sequence Haplogroups? yes (example on a profile: Anne Unknown example of the category:)
For YDNA Haplogroups? no - shifting sands - too many changes unless we link to and outside organization who is keeping up with the changes to make changes here on WikiTree
For location identification for migration patterns within a Name Study? Yes (Example on a profile:James Templeton, Example of Category: Category: R1b-M222, Iredell County, North Carolina Example in a Name Study: DNA by location Templeton Name Study}
What other Categories can be created for DNA?
Ancestry Circle Category? yes
Please add other ideas for Categories for DNA. Add existing Categories and what the use description for the category is.
- Compile a comprehensive list of all DNA related categories currently on WikiTree
- Based on current Categories and category ideas, work to create an easy to follow hierarchy to guide members on creating new DNA categories.
- Create DNA categorization instructions with/for the DNA Educators
Remember a lot of questions can be answered by referring to the help pages link at the top right of pages.