Surnames/tags: Murphy Roberts Courtenay
Veronica Williams: My DNA story
I embarked on my DNA journey in late 2010. Since then I have been lucky enough to have had my mother and three of her siblings tested which has enabled me to utilise the Visual Phasing technique to be able to map my maternal segments back to my 4 maternal great grandparents. As time progresses we hope to be able to confirm many more generations.
As far as my paternal side goes, I have limited testers to help me. I am an only child and have to go back to distant cousins on both my fathers maternal and paternal sides. Thank you to those who have helped me with this.
You can see an updated table of my DNA confirmations on The Genemonkey blog.
To go back to my main DNA category page click here.
Through the tests of the Roberts siblings I have confirmed relationships back to my maternal grandparents Edward Roberts and Mona Murphy. On my paternal side, second and third cousins have helped me confirm relationships back to my paternal grandparents, as outlined in the DNA confirmation sources below. On many lines I have now gone back several more generations, others require more work.
- For details of DNA confirmations on the COAT line please click here.
- For details of DNA confirmations on the GRIFFIN line please click here.
- For details of DNA confirmations on the ROBERTS line please click here.
- For details of DNA confirmations on the MURPHY lines please click here.
For access to my Autosomal DNA confirmations category page, please click here. Also included on this category page are links to other Ancestors of Interest where DNA matches have ancestors that may be possible connections, but as yet cannot be confirmed. They are listed by kit number of the relevant tester. My kit number is 194406.
If you wish to view the chromosome map for my DNA you can see it at DNA Painter, by clicking here.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)