Location: Butler County, Alabama, United States of America
This free space page for Damascus Baptist Church Cemetery is part of WikiTree's Alabama Cemeteries Project, and was created to document the life and times of our ancestors that are interred there. The Alabama Cemeteries Project is a subproject of the larger U.S. Cemeteries Project.
Location and Map
Located in Butler County, but apparently carries an address for Honoraville which is in neighboring Crenshaw County.
- Damascus Baptist Church
- 100 Damascus Road, Honoraville, AL 36042
The church and cemetery are located on Damascus Road/County Road 40, near the intersection with Alabama Hwy 10/Luverne Hwy.
GPS Coordinates (WGS84)
N 31 47.301 W 86 29.523
- Space page and category created
- Add history of the church to the cemetery's space page.
- Completely survey cemetery, photographing all markers
- Upload all marker photos, creating new person pages as needed
- Complete and verify transcription of interments below for accuracy.
- Create an audio/video tour of the cemetery
- Record a virtual tour of the cemetery that can be viewed as downloadable media on computers, tablets or other device. Such a tour would take the viewer around the cemetery to explore the history of the people buried here. Background information can be supplied. Those with mobile internet access can access online links to more information.
Table of Interments
|Last Name||First/Middle Names/Initials||Born||Died||Notes||Photo (click for larger)|
|Phelps||George Washington Terrell||20 Mar 1811||03 Jun 1886||Image:Phelps-4017.jpg|