Here are suggestion lists with basic person data and links to WikiTree. The analysis was done on data from August 2nd 2020.
For changes since the previous update, see the "Statistics" section on WikiTree+.
- I added additional checking of template parameters. That was in suggestion 848. I created 4 new ones 894-897 that will cover all parameter problems.
- I prepared two new suggestions (591 FindAGrave - Possible father and 592 FindAGrave - Possible mother) that list all missing parent relations between existing profiles. The suggestion is based on FindAGrave relations. In cases where both profiles are linked to findagrave and there is a parent relation on findagrave and there is no parent on wikitree, it suggests the connection. Of course you should first check if both findagrave memorials represent the correct persons on wikitree. Then you should try to find a source for the parent claim and add the relation if everything checks out.
- Added new magic word SourceJunk to search engine. It finds profiles with text "Family Data Collection" or "Millennium File" on the profile. Those are present on 47000 profiles. Here is a list of profiles with SourceJunk. https://plus.wikitree.com/default.htm?report=srch1&Query=SourceJunk
- Updated display of WikiData suggestions 546, 563, 564, 565, 566 and 567. Now they display link to WikiData and the data from there.
- Made some changes to the Countries definition https://plus.wikitree.com/function/WTShowTable/Table.htm?table=Countries
- I added new magic keyword UnmergedMatch to search for postponed merges in combination with any other text. https://plus.wikitree.com/default.htm?report=srch1&Query=UnmergedMatch+Sweden
- I added a new heading to GEDCOM Junk. There are 8000 new 853 suggestions.
- After completing most of the template documentation, I am starting to validate template parameters. First new suggestions include missing required parameters and using deprecated parameters. More will come soon. There may be some mistakes in template documentation. If so, just let me know. There are 9000 new 848 suggestions.
- I added new magic keyword PendingMerge to search for pending merges in combination with any other text. https://plus.wikitree.com/default.htm?report=srch1&Query=PendingMerge+Sweden
- I added possibility to search template parameters. That enables you to search for any text inside curly brackets. To explicitly search template text, use templatetext=Andersson https://plus.wikitree.com/default.htm?report=srch1&Query=templatetext%3DAndersson
- I added a link to template definition on 84x suggestions in info column.
- In search results on WikiTree+ I changed the display of templates. I group them together and display the number of each one if more than one. Example: https://plus.wikitree.com/default.htm?report=srch1&Query=templatefull%3Dancestry_image
- I also added possibility to search by full template name. Use underscore instead of spaces. templatefull=Ancestry_Image
- I added to Connection finder 2 new types of relation search. Paternal Lines and Maternal Lines. This can help in DNA queries to find a common father/mother. https://plus.wikitree.com/default.htm?report=disp2&WikiTreeID1=+Whitten-1&WikiTreeID2=Whitten-819&relatives=4
- I exposed the actual data on which location suggestions are based. https://plus.wikitree.com/function/WTShowTable/Table.htm?table=Countries Based on the changes we did last week in the table, there are some new 6x8 spelling suggestions and 612 Location too early ones.
- I released a new version of WikiTree+ Chrome extension. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/wikitree%20/giodhdfeabddjnlhknbggojlgpnhanof It has a few new things also usable to DD. Changes in version is 0.3.2 are:
Analysis was done on data from August 2nd 2020.
- Suggestions News and Updates (August 2nd 2020) Aug 4, 2020.