Here are suggestion lists with basic person data and links to WikiTree. The analysis was done on data from February 21st 2021.
For changes since the previous update, see the "Statistics" section on WikiTree+.
- To improve the country recognition I Added a few endings to the locations table as requested by the users.
- I released 12 new suggestions related to locations. First three in each group are calculated only for orphan profiles and the fourth is for all profiles. Those are:
- 615 Birth Location Country not recognised, 616 Abbreviated Birth location Country not recommended, 617 Ambiguous Birth location Country not recommended and 618 Birth Location Country not preferred by project.
- 645 Death Location Country not recognised, 646 Abbreviated Death location Country not recommended, 647 Ambiguous Death location Country not recommended and 648 Death Location Country not preferred by project.
- 675 Marriage Location Country not recognised, 676 Abbreviated Marriage location Country not recommended, 677 Ambiguous Marriage location Country not recommended and 678 Marriage Location Country not preferred by project.
- I added new way to search for suggestions. Since suggestion index is not as advanced and Profiles search index, I added a possibility to search for suggestions in Profile search result. On all search results I added a link to display suggestions on profiles found. The link is in the header "Search for Suggestions on results." That makes it possible to use any magic words for profiles also on suggestion reports. Check it out for instance for all profiles that were living in 1710s https://wikitree.sdms.si/default.htm?report=srch1&Query=isinwikidata+1710s And this is the actual resulting page. https://wikitree.sdms.si/function/WTWebAll/Suggestions.htm?Query=isinwikidata%201710s&profilesearch=1
- I added export to Excel to wikitree+ search. It will still be improved in the near future, since we are developing this export in our program, but it is already better than csv. Here is an example. https://wikitree.sdms.si/default.htm?report=srch1&Query=Ljubljana+Trtnik&MaxProfiles=500&Format=XLS
- I added 2 more options for page size. One is "Default", which is 10 for HTML, MaxProfiles for CSV and XLS and 100000 for JSON. I also added "Maximal" that is 1000 for HTML, MaxProfiles for CSV and XLS and 100000 for JSON. And I added 1000 items per page, which is the upper limit for HTML.
- I added marriage location and marriage country to wikitree+ search index.
- You can also use magicword MissingLocation with it For instance all slovenian profiles with missing marriage location: https://wikitree.sdms.si/default.htm?report=srch1&Query=Slovenia+MarriageLocation%3DMissingLocation&MaxProfiles=500
- I released 3 new suggestions related to links on the page. Those are 965 Link error 404 Not Found, 966 Link error various and 967 Link error in domain. I validated all links except the ones to FamilySearch, Ancestry, FindAGrave and WikiTree. There are 7367542 such links with some duplications. It comes to 3544674 unique links, that were verified. In suggestion 965 are all links that returned 404 error code. That means that the page no longer exist on that server. Suggestion 966 lists all other errors. Suggestion 967 lists the links, where domain name (first part of the link) was not resolved and is not listed in 961 or 962.
- I added export format to general search, where you can select to get the table in table format for excel instead of HTML. There is also JSON export where only userID is exported for 3rd party apps using WikiTree+.
- I changed the locations mapping for Ireland. GeoNames database has really bad coverage for Ireland and I used townlands.ie database instead. Matching locations are much better now. Now I also have a system to add another local database if needed.
- Search results can now be exported ot a CSV. That is useful to open it in excel. It will be integrated to WT+, but for now you can use such link https://wikitree.sdms.si/function/WTWebProfileSearch/Profiles.csv?Query=Ljubljana+Trtnik&format=csv
- I added domain names of the URLs in the Index. You can now search for any domain. You should search for wikitree_com or www_wikitree_com. Endings of the URL are also added to the search engine so www.wikitree.com is found if you search for www_wikitree_com or wikitree_com or just com. Searching for nl will find all profiles that link to a dutch domain. Field name is Domain so you can refine the search like domain=nl
- I started to check the links on the profiles. First step is the DNS name. That is the first part of the link like www.wikitree.com. Two new suggestions were added in new section Links.
- 961 Invalid domain name in link: These are the DNS names, that are not in correct form as defined by standards.
- 962 Domain name in link not resolved: These are the DNS names, that do not resolve to the IP. Usually it is a typo or the server is no longer available.
Analysis was done on data from February 21st 2021.
- Suggestions News and Updates (February 21st 2021) Feb 23, 2021.