The Immigrant ship David Malcolm's voyage to The South Australian colony in 1847/1848
size: 495/538 tons
built: 1839 at Moulmein Burma
master: Captain Jacob W. Smith (not A. Dewar as in some reports)
surgeon superintendent: J. J. Neales
sailed from London: 21 December 1847 via Plymouth
arrived in South Australia: 23 March 1848
Passengers: 250/267 immigrants
- See the Free space page here for further information on this voyage.
PASSENGER LISTS etc.
- Passengers arriving 1848-03-23 in SA aboard the David Malcolm (495/538 t brq 1839) from London 1847-12-21 via Plymouth, Captain Jacob W Smith. from Barry Leadbeater's South Australian Shipping & Immigration Passenger Lists at: https://www.familyhistorysa.org/shipping/passengerlists.html
- DAVID MALCOLM - EMIGRANT SHIP - 1848 from Diane Cummings’ Bound for South Australia website at: https://bound-for-south-australia.collections.slsa.sa.gov.au/1848DavidMalcolm.htm
- SHIPPING INTELLIGENCE. from the South Australian Register (Adelaide, SA : 1839 - 1900) of Saturday 25 March 1848, Page 3. at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/48729185
- Overseas Arrivals to South Australia - 1848 from Reg Butlers' Immigration to South Australia - Shipping Lists 1836 to 1890 at: https://localwiki.org/adelaide-hills/Overseas_Arrivals_to_South_Australia_-_1848
- 1848 from the Passengers in History website. An initiative of the South Australian Maritime Museum. first accessed online on the 5th of November, 2020 at: https://passengers.history.sa.gov.au/node/941996