Date: 2 Jul 1838 to 13 Sep 1842
Location: New Castle County, Delaware, United States
Location: New Castle County, Delaware, United States
Profile manager: A Smaltz [send private message]
This page has been accessed 80 times.
- Date: 02 Jul 1838 
- Deed: Elias Deputy and Samuel Deputy to John L Deputy
- Location: Red Lion Hundred and Pencader Hundred, New Castle County, Delaware
- Tract: 41 Acres . One fourth interest.
- This indenture, made the second day of July in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and thirty eight, by and between Elias Deputy and Samuel Deputy, Planters, both of the State of Louisiana of the one part and John L Deputy of New Castle County and State of Delaware (farmer) of the other part.
- Witnesseth that whereof John Deputy of St George's Hundred in New Castle County and State of Delaware by a Deed duly executed under the hands and seals of Benajamin Grifith and Mary his wife, bearing date May the seventh A.D. one thousand eight hundred and thirteen, and is recorded in the Office for Recording Deeds at Newcastle in and for the County of New Castle in Book K, Volume 4, Page 446. Reference thereunto being had will more fully and at large appear became lawfully seized in his demise as of fee of in and to a certain Tract, piece or parcel of land situate and lying part in Pencader Hundred and a part in Red Lion Hundred in the County of New Castle and State of Delaware,
- and the said John Deputy, dying intestate, his lands fell equally among his children, eight in number. Charles Deputy, John L Deputy, Elias Deputy, William C Deputy, and Samuel Deputy and Elizabeth who intermarried with William Stapleford and Susana who intermarried with Thomas Williams, and Mary Deputy.
- Now this Indenture further witnesseth, that Elias Deputy and Samuel Deputy for and in consideration of the sum of one hundred and four dollars lawful money of the United States of America, to them in hand paid by the said John L Deputy, at or before the sealing and delivery of these presents, the receipt whereof is hereby acknowledged by the said Elias Deputy and Samuel Deputy and they themselves, therewith satisfied, content, and paid have granted, bargained, sold, aliened, enfeoffed, conveyed and confirmes and by these presents DO grant, bargain, sell, alien, enfeoff, convey and confirm unto the said John L Deputy and to his heirs and assigns, two equal undivided eighth parts which is equal to one fourth of the before mentioned Tract, piece or parcel of land. Bounded by lands of Abel Livil, William Silver Esq, Thomas M Foreman, John M Porter and newly laid out County Road, containing about forty one acres of land more or less. Together with all and singular the one equal unidivided fourth part of the houses, out houses, gardens, woods, under woods, fences, ways, waters, water courses, rights, members, privileges, improvements, heriditaments, and appurtenances whatsoever, thereunto belonging or in any wise appertaining with the one equal undivided fourth part of the Reversion or Reversions, Remainder and Remainders, Rents, issues, and profits thereof, and also all the estate, right, title, interest, use, property, possession, claim and demand whatsoever of them the said Elias Deputy and Samuel Deputy of in and to the said above mentioned and described Tract, piece, or parcel of land and premises or to any part or parcel thereof, with the appurtenances thereunto belonging, to have and to hold, all and singular the one equal fourth part of the said above mentioned and described tract, piece, or parcel of land and premises hereby granted or meaned and intended so to be with the appurtenances unto the said John L Deputy, his heirs and assigns to the only proper use, benefit and behoof of him the said John L Deputy, his heirs and assigns forever,
- and the said Elias Deputy and Samuel Deputy for themselves, their heirs, executors and administrators, DO hereby covenant, grant, and agree to and with the said John L Deputy his heirs and assigns, that the said one equal undivided fourth part of the above mentioned and described tract, piece or parcel of land and premises, hereby granted or meaned, and intended so to be with the appurtenances against themselves the said Elias Deputy and Samuel Deputy and their heirs, and against all and every other person or persons whatsoever lawfully claiming or to claim the same or any part thereof, by from or under them the said Elias Deputy and Samuel Deputy, their heirs or either of them unto the said John L Deputy his heirs and assigns, shall and will warrant and forever defend by these presents,
- In witness whereof the said Elias Deputy and Samuel Deputy have hereunto set their hands and seals the day and year first herein before written.
- Elias Deputy (seal)
- Samuel Deputy (seal)
- Signed sealed and delivered in presence of:
- Thomas Brooks
- Charles M Deputy
- James Jones
- State of Delaware } New Castle County } To Wit
- Be it remembered that on the twelfth day of May A.D. 1842 in open Superior Court of the State of Delaware at Newcastle, in and for the County of New Castle, personally appeared Thomas Brooks and Charles M Deputy, the subscribing witnesses to the foregoing Indenture and being duly sworn depose and say that they were both present and did see the above named Samuel Deputy, sign and seal and for himself as his act and deed, deliver the said Indenture, and that the said Thomas Brooks and Charles M Deputy, did subscribe their names as witnesses to the same:
- In testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand and affixed the seal of the said Superior Court at Newcastle, the day and year aforesaid.
- James C Mansfield, Proty
- Received for Record, September Thirteenth, A.D. one thousand eight hundred and forty two.
- Attest: C.L. Blarney, Recorder
- Witness Charles M Deputy
- Charles is the son of John L Deputy
- ↑ Deed. 02 Jul 1838. Elias Deputy and Samuel Deputy to John L Deputy. Newcastle County, Delaware.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.