This is a Project to document and investigate the origins of the various Dowding families worldwide. One principal aim of this project is to see which of the various Dowding lines that go back to the 16th Century and before are related.
Right now (August 2020) this project just has one member, me. I am Chris Gilbert and have Dowding ancestry from Somerset in England.
As of August 2020, I have gone through all the Dowding profiles here on WikiTree that are open for editing and added a Dowding Name Study Category, and have linked up some Dowdings to early ancestors. I will look out for anyone adding any new profiles and categorise them.
Here are some of the tasks that I think need to be done. I'll be working on them, and anyone able to help would be welcome.
- Entering known early Dowdings and linking up existing Dowding profiles to them. I already have a database of Dowdings and will continue to add them to WikiTree when I can.
- Identifying DNA tested Dowding descendants and finding male Dowdings interested in this Project who will Y-DNA test to get us started on a Dowding DNA Project.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Chris Gilbert and One Name Studies WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)