Surnames/tags: Duycker Duijker Dücker
How to Participate
Please contact the Study's coordinator Frans van Agthoven or post a comment at the foot of the page. If you have any questions, just ask. Thanks!
This is a One Name Study to collect together in one place everything about one surname and the variants of that name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join our study to help make it a valuable reference point for people studying lines that cross or intersect.
- This Duycker study is meant for the completion of the Duycker genealogy. The name is also spelled as Duijcker, Duijker, Duiker and in Germany as Dücker. The original spelling seems to be De Dukere or De Duyckere around 1220 AD.
- The first one carrying this name was Henrick de Duker or de Duyckere. He was ministerialis for the Duke of Kleve (Germany) in 1220 AD.
- His son Gert Duker held the same position around 1250. He had 4 sons, who seem to be the ancestors of the 4 branches of the family Duycker: Hendrick (in Westfalen), Adolph (in Rhineland), Theodorus/Dirk in the Archdiocese of Cologne (Germany) and Wilm (in Utrecht and the County of Holland).
- The Duycker family is called by the pastor Von Steinen in 1756 in Westfalen as one of the oldest families in Westfalen (Germany). They had their own Coat of Arms: 3 blue bands on a silver shield.
So for whoever is interested in this family: I made a provisional list of Tasks. Volunteers? Let me know. Frans van Agthoven, 30 April 2020, Netherlands
- 1. Complete the genealogy of Duijker family in Amsterdam (Netherlands).
- 2. Search for the roots of the Duycker family of Jan Duycker in 1503 in Venlo. (Germany)
- 3. Search for the connections of the Duycker family of Westervoort, Raesfeld and Borken. (NRW, Germany)
- 4. Complete the genealogy of the Duijker family of Westbroek (Utrecht, Netherlands).
- 5. Research on the Dücker family in Stiepel in Westfalen (Germany)
- 6. Search for the connections of the Duycker family in Sweden
- 7. Research on the origin of the Duycker family in Helsdingen, Vianen (Netherlands).
- 1. Branch in Venlo: https://genwiki.nl/limburg/index.php?title=Duycker
- 2. Branches in Westfalen: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%BCcker_(Adelsgeschlecht)
- 3. Early Branches: Johann Diederich von Steinen, "Westphälische Geschichte, Dritter Theil, p 1089, ff., 1757 Lemgo, Germany. (Copy in Koninklijke Bibliotheek, Den Haag) (See copy: books.google.nl under search Dücker) "  # 1089 ff.
- 4. Dutch Branches after 1600 AD: www.wiewaswie.nl
- 5. Branch Zuid-Limburg: https://www.loegiesen.nl
- 6. Branch Vianen/Lexmond: RA Wijk bij Duurstede: ORA Vianen and ORA Lexmond; RA Arnhem: Signaat van Thuyl: 0201/1247, pag 23, 132, 143v. And the site van Oscar den Uyl: 
- 7. Regarding the origin of the Duycker family in the County of Holland: https://www.knggw.nl/raadplegen/de-nederlandsche-leeuw/1909-27/9/
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Frans van Agthoven and One Name Studies WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)