This page is to gather some example profiles of Early Scandinavia Project. Since very many of these profiles have "sources" written many hundred years later than the person lived and/or the event took place, the different sources mentioning the person don't always agree with each other.
Therefore a suggestion is to create sub-headers of the Biography header like;
- Spouse(s) and children
- Death and burial
and present the different information "according to: xxx" and "according to yyy;" under the correct header.
(The biography heading should alway have two == on either side of the word Biography, a sub-section should have three ===)
- Harald Blåtand (Bluetooth) Gormsson is an example profile of a person whose existence is proven. (The profiles connected to him still needs work and research though.)
- Anund "Bröt-Anund" (Land clearer) Ingvarsson is an example of a profile of a person whose existence is not proven (and historians are still debating). In this case his father is not certain but since the alternate father is his grandfather (which is still the same family), we are for the time being leaving him connected to his "father". An alternative would be to disconnect him from the father and only link to both suggested fathers profiles in the biography.
- Dag den mäktige (Unknown LNAB) This is an example of a profile to be considered belonging in the legends only. He is supposedly, if he ever existed, to have lived before the year 500 according to sagas written abt 700 years later.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)