The goal of this project is to identify the common ancestry among the following families:
Isaac Smith Smith-98400 m. Nancy Hendricks (Woodford Co, KY)
- Isaac is likely the son of an Andrew Smith Smith-199177 who was a son of Robert Smith Smith-155537 of St. Matthew's Parish in Orange Co, NC.
John Shelton Shelton-1405 m. Elizabeth Smith Smith-53995 (Grainger Co, TN)
William Spurlock Spurlock-415 m. Elizabeth Smith Smith-65200 (Harlan Co, KY)
Right now this project just has one member, me. I am Christopher Smith.
Except for the Spurlock/Smith family, a possible common location is Caswell Co, NC.
The Spurlock/Smith family also intermarried with the Shelton/Smith family.
The Spurlock/Smith family lived down river from Henry Smith m. Elizabeth Ledford. Henry knew Col. Elisha Smith, son of William Smith, the first sheriff of Rockcastle Co, KY. Isaac and Nancy lived in Rockcastle Co, KY in 1810 and are listed next to family members of William Smith's wife in the 1810 census.
Triangulated autosomal DNA on Cr3 links descendants of Isaac and Nancy to descendants of William and Elizabeth (the family of John Madison Spurlock Spurlock-614 m. Sarah Ann Mason) and to John and Elizabeth (family of Andrew Jackson Shelton m. Deliah Jane Capps).
Here are some of the tasks that I think need to be done. I'll be working on them, and could use your help.
- Identification and cataloging of GEDmatch kits for known proven descendants of the above families. (We have quite a few already, but the data needs to be prepared).
- Matching segment analysis of segments that triangulate between descendants of the above three families. (Segments have been identified but they need to be added to WikiTree).
- Building trees for identified relevant matches to attempt to identify MRCA.
Will you join me? Please post a comment here on this page, in G2G using the project tag, or send me a private message. Thanks!
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)