upload image

Ellis Record (X573/82) in the Records (X573) of the Leah Family of Paul

Privacy Level: Open (White)
Date: [unknown] [unknown]
Location: [unknown]
This page has been accessed 126 times.

Ellis Record (X573/82) in the Records (X573) of the Leah Family of Paul:

Copy feoffment and release, various properties in Cornwall, Hampshire, London and Surrey (https://kresenkernow.org/SOAP/detail/615547cc-7687-404a-9f2c-0a6bfacdc49d/?tH=%5B%22X573%7C82%22%5D assessed 12th August 2021)

Parties:

1) The Reverend William Ellis, clerk, of Thames Ditton, Surrey and Sarah his wife, George Ellis, esquire, of Abingdon, Westminster, Middlesex and Sophia his wife, John Kempson, esquire, of Blackheath, Kent and Anna Maria his wife, Cartaret John Halford, esquire, of Richmond, Surrey and Elizabeth Streater his wife, John Ellis late of James Street, esquire, Buckingham Gate, Middlesex, now of Penzance, Susannah Blissett Ellis, spinster, of Sloane Street, Middlesex, heirs of William Ellis, deceased, vendors

2) Edward Harrison, gentleman, of Southampton Buildings, Middlesex, purchaser in trust for 4)

3) Samuel John, gentleman, of Penzance, William Warren, gentleman, of Truro, John Paul Wodey, gentleman, of Staines, Middlesex, attorneys of 1)

4) John Ellis, as in 1) executor of William Ellis, beneficiary of trust

5) Carteret John William Ellis, esquire, of Trinity College, Cambridge, residing at Paris, France, son and heir of 4)

6) Christopher Ellis Richard, gentleman, of Penzance, Edward Coulthard, gentleman, of Penzance, James Dulling, gentleman, of Southampton Buildings, Middlesex, attorneys of 2).


Recites: wills of William Ellis of North Street, Westminster, Middlesex, 23rd September 1820, 18th February 1822 and subsequent agreements.

Copy feoffment and release of Manor of Penzance and St Just, in Penzance, St Just in Penwith, Sennen, Madron, St Buryan, Paul and Ludgvan,

My listed copy other below:

Higher Bray and Lower Bray occupied by John Tremewan, with Quaker burial ground nearby,
two thirds of Bray Vean occupied by George Bone,
six ninths of Higher Bosweddan [Bosweddon] occupied by Nickolas and John Boyns with three messuages nearby,
twenty two - twenty fourths of Treese or Tretheese [Trease?] occupied by Michael Davy and Thomas Ellis,
one third of Bosean [Boscean] occupied by Hugh Woolcock, with stamping mill, all in St Just in Penwith,
tenements in Trelew, St Buryan, occupied by William Nicholas and others,
moiety of Lasingey [Lesingey] late occupied by Thomas Fox now occupied by Thomas Ellis,
Tremethack occupied by Philip Argal and others, both in Madron;
messuage near the Green occupied by Benjamin Trembath and Elizabeth Ustick,
plot of ground with ruined pleasure house and four messuages, messuage in Alverton Street occupied by executors of Margery Jenkin, deceased,
messuage near the Cross occupied by John James and Bernard Victor,
three messuages in Alverton Street occupied by William and Mary Cock,
two messuages in Market Street occupied by Edward Rowe printer and John Symons, druggist with rooms behind,
messuage near the cross occupied by Ralph Hacker Bodilly and others, with messuage and joiner's shop behind,
messuage in Market Street occupied by Robert Dunkin,
messuage and shop near Cross occupied by Robert Matthews Branwell (1798-1860),
messuage facing Lady Street [Chapel Street] occupied by Henry Edmonds,
four eighths of messuage, garden and meadow in Market Jew Street occupied by Peter Roberts and Richard Sampson,
four fields converted to three near Alverton Street occupied by William and Mary Cock with loft nearby late occupied by William Ellis deceased, all in Penzance,
barton etc, part of Tredavoe occupied by representatives of James Bodinnar deceased,
barton etc part of Penolva occupied by Samuel Wright and another part occupied by Hannibual Usler, all in Paul,
barton etc called Treeve or Trerise occupied by William Stevens, with Quaker's meeting house and stable, moiety of Park Vor, Trevayan [Trevorian?], Givele Noweth, the Higher Givele, Gollans, the Lower Pool Down and Havas an Auls with messuage in Escalls occupied by John Vingoe, :barton in Trevesean [Trevescan?] occupied by John Vingoe,
moiety of Park an Shaftes, Park an Towen, the Lower Giveal, Collus and the Higher Pool Down with croft house in Escalls occupied by William and James Richards,
share in barton etc called Trevear occupied by John Permewan junior, all in Sennen,
barton etc called Botreva in Ludgvan occupied by Richard Carman,
tenements called Carvose's, Head's, Potter's, Castle Downs and Chipman's, and field called Harvey's, in Tredavoe, occupied by Thomas Caravose,
Emp's tenement in Tredavoe occupied by Robert and Matthew Wallis,
fields in Tredavoe occupied by Nickolas [Nicholas] Rodda and others occupied by Francis Sadner,
barton etc in Tredavoe occupied by Michael Davey, all in Paul,
barton etc called the Strife Lands part of Tredinney in St Buryan occupied by John Clements, :moiety of Great Chucoutter, Little Chucoutter, Higher Park Trap, Lower Park Trap and the Gew in Torleaven [Torleven] and Talpons occupied by Archibald Blair,
messuages etc, occupied by Port Leaven [Porthleven?] Harbour Company,
moiety of Park Mener and the Way Croft in Torleaven and Tolpons occupied by John Rogers, :moiety of barton of Torleaven [Torleven] occupied by William Julian, all in Sithney,
manor of Trewethen and Coverack, barton etc in Trewothen occupied by Digory and John Roberts,
barton etc in Trewothen occupied by William Roskilly and Mark Munday,
barton etc in Trewothan occupied by Elizabeth Pengilly,
barton etc in Trewothen occupied by John Harris,
mill pool in Trewothea occupied by Elisha Martin,
green lately enclosed in Coverack, quay at Coverack, watchhouse at Coverack occupied by Commissioners of Customs,
messuages and fish cellars etc in Coverack occupied by Henry James and twenty-four others, named, all in St Keverne,
manor of Treva and Lelant in St Ives, Gulval, Lelant, Ludgvan and Zennor, six of Boskednan Wartha occupied by John Treneere in Gulval,
one third of Treva occupied by representatives of Thomas Symons,
two thirds of sundry fields occupied by Mr William Bosustow,
two thirds of sundry fields near Gonwin [Goonwin] occupied by John Morshead,
one third of land and two stamping mills at Treva occupied by William Praed, esquire,
two thirds of Hampton's tenement occupied by Ann Richards, all in Lelant of bartons in Colloran occupied by James Eddy and Francis Rouse,
two-thirds of one-eighth of Park Bacon in Crowlas occupied by John Simmons, all in Ludgvan,
two-thirds of barton called Porthmeor [Porthmear] occupied by David Berryman,
two thirds of Treethene or Trune [Treen?] occupied by William Legge,
two thirds of Trebean in Trewey ocupied by Nickolas and John Stevens, all in Zennor,
six of barton in Hendra in St Ives occupied by John Major,
messuages, orchard etc in Kenwyn,
also small properties in Binstead, Alton and Bramshot in Hampshire, Thursley in Surrey, and St Mary Woolnoth, in London.
Cornwall Land Tax Records
Proprietor/Owner Name Occupier Name
Year Up Parish Or Address Forename Surname Forename Surname
1799 Just in Penwith, St. Wm. ELLIS, Esqr. John HILL
1799 Just in Penwith, St. Wm. ELLIS, Esq. Ralph J. HILL
1799 Just in Penwith, St. Wm. ELLIS, Esq. Thos. REYNOLDS
1799 Just in Penwith, St. Wm. ELLIS, Esq. Stephen BONE
1799 Just in Penwith, St. Wm. ELLIS, Esq. Jane WARREN
1799 Just in Penwith, St. Wm. ELLIS, Esq. Jno. MADDERN, Mr.
1799 Just in Penwith, St. Wm. ELLIS, Esq. Hugh WOOLCOCK
1799 Just in Penwith, St. Wm. ELLIS, Esq. Nichs. BOYENS
1799 Just in Penwith, St. Wm. ELLIS, Esq. Jas. WILLIAMS
1799 Just in Penwith, St. Wm. ELLIS, Esq. John MADDERN
1799 Just in Penwith, St. Wm ELLIS, Esq. Ralph J HILL
1799 Just in Penwith, St. Wm ELLIS, Esq. Thos REYNOLDS
1799 Just in Penwith, St. Wm ELLIS, Esq. DAVEY, Mr.

As copied from Kresen Kernow:

Copy feoffment and release of Manor of Penzance and St Just, in Penzance, St Just in Penwith, Sennen, Madron, St Buryan, Paul and Ludgvan, Higher Bray and Lower Bray occupied by John Tremewan, with Quaker burial ground nearby, two thirds of Bray Vean occupied by George Bone, six ninths of Higher Bosweddan [Bosweddon] occupied by Nickolas and John Boyns with three messuages nearby, twenty two - twenty fourths of Treese or Tretheese [Trease?] occupied by Michael Davy and Thomas Ellis, one third of Bosean [Boscean] occupied by Hugh Woolcock, with stamping mill, all in St Just in Penwith, tenements in Trelew, St Buryan, occupied by William Nicholas and others, moiety of Lasingey [Lesingey] late occupied by Thomas Fox now occupied by Thomas Ellis, Tremethack occupied by Philip Argal and others, both in Madron; messuage near the Green occupied by Benjamin Trembath and Elizabeth Ustick, plot of ground with ruined pleasure house and four messuages, messuage in Alverton Street occupied by executors of Margery Jenkin, deceased, messuage near the Cross occupied by John James and Bernard Victor, three messuages in Alverton Street occupied by William and Mary Cock, two messuages in Market Street occupied by Edward Rowe printer and John Symons, druggist with rooms behind, messuage near the cross occupied by Ralph Hacker Bodilly and others, with messuage and joiner's shop behind, messuage in Market Street occupied by Robert Dunkin, messuage and shop near Cross occupied by Robert Matthews Branwell, messuage facing Lady Street [Chapel Street] occupied by Henry Edmonds, four eighths of messuage, garden and meadow in Market Jew Street occupied by Peter Roberts and Richard Sampson, four fields converted to three near Alverton Street occupied by William and Mary Cock with loft nearby late occupied by William Ellis deceased, all in Penzance, barton etc, part of Tredavoe occupied by representatives of James Bodinnar deceased, barton etc part of Penolva occupied by Samuel Wright and another part occupied by Hannibual Usler, all in Paul, barton etc called Treeve or Trerise occupied by William Stevens, with Quaker's meeting house and stable, moiety of Park Vor, Trevayan [Trevorian?], Givele Noweth, the Higher Givele, Gollans, the Lower Pool Down and Havas an Auls with messuage in Escalls occupied by John Vingoe, barton in Trevesean [Trevescan?] occupied by John Vingoe, moiety of Park an Shaftes, Park an Towen, the Lower Giveal, Collus and the Higher Pool Down with croft house in Escalls occupied by William and James Richards, share in barton etc called Trevear occupied by John Permewan junior, all in Sennen, barton etc called Botreva in Ludgvan occupied by Richard Carman, tenements called Carvose's, Head's, Potter's, Castle Downs and Chipman's, and field called Harvey's, in Tredavoe, occupied by Thomas Caravose, Emp's tenement in Tredavoe occupied by Robert and Matthew Wallis, fields in Tredavoe occupied by Nickolas [Nicholas] Rodda and others occupied by Francis Sadner, barton etc in Tredavoe occupied by Michael Davey, all in Paul, barton etc called the Strife Lands part of Tredinney in St Buryan occupied by John Clements, moiety of Great Chucoutter, Little Chucoutter, Higher Park Trap, Lower Park Trap and the Gew in Torleaven [Torleven] and Talpons occupied by Archibald Blair, messuages etc, occupied by Port Leaven [Porthleven?] Harbour Company, moiety of Park Mener and the Way Croft in Torleaven and Tolpons occupied by John Rogers, moiety of barton of Torleaven [Torleven] occupied by William Julian, all in Sithney, manor of Trewethen and Coverack, barton etc in Trewothen occupied by Digory and John Roberts, barton etc in Trewothen occupied by William Roskilly and Mark Munday, barton etc in Trewothan occupied by Elizabeth Pengilly, barton etc in Trewothen occupied by John Harris, mill pool in Trewothea occupied by Elisha Martin, green lately enclosed in Coverack, quay at Coverack, watchhouse at Coverack occupied by Commissioners of Customs, messuages and fish cellars etc in Coverack occupied by Henry James and twenty-four others, named, all in St Keverne, manor of Treva and Lelant in St Ives, Gulval, Lelant, Ludgvan and Zennor, six of Boskednan Wartha occupied by John Treneere in Gulval, one third of Treva occupied by representatives of Thomas Symons, two thirds of sundry fields occupied by Mr William Bosustow, two thirds of sundry fields near Gonwin [Goonwin] occupied by John Morshead, one third of land and two stamping mills at Treva occupied by William Praed, esquire, two thirds of Hampton's tenement occupied by Ann Richards, all in Lelant of bartons in Colloran occupied by James Eddy and Francis Rouse, two-thirds of one-eighth of Park Bacon in Crowlas occupied by John Simmons, all in Ludgvan, two-thirds of barton called Porthmeor [Porthmear] occupied by David Berryman, two thirds of Treethene or Trune [Treen?] occupied by William Legge, two thirds of Trebean in Trewey ocupied by Nickolas and John Stevens, all in Zennor, six of barton in Hendra in St Ives occupied by John Major, messuages, orchard etc in Kenwyn, also small properties in Binstead, Alton and Bramshot in Hampshire, Thursley in Surrey, and St Mary Woolnoth, in London.

Memoranda of taking of seisin, giving acreages for certain of the properties.

Consideration: £12,500.

Reference number X573/82 Date 31 Dec 1825 Format Manuscript Extent 1 piece Level Item Access status Open Subject Maritime Add to my collection Records, Leah family, Paul X573 This record X573/82




National Archives Discovery (https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/e31fff7c-eaf9-4e0b-946c-0b69ac415dc2 assessed 9th August 2021) Catalogue description Copy feoffment and release; consideration £12,500 (1) Revd. Wm. Ellis of Thames... This record is held by Archives and Cornish Studies Service (formerly Cornwall Record Office) See contact details Reference: X 573/82 Description: Copy feoffment and release; consideration £12,500

Records of the Leah Family of Paul

DEEDS OF TITLE

Mixed parishes

St. Buryan, St. Ives, St. Just in Penwith, Kenwyn, St. Keverne, Lelant, Ludgvan, Madron, Paul, Penzance, Sennen, Sithney and Zennor; also countries of Hampshire, London and Surrey

(1) Revd. Wm. Ellis of Thames Ditton, Surrey, clerk and Sarah his wife; Geo. Ellis of Abingdon, Westminster, Mx. esq. and Sophia his wife; John Kempson of Blackheath, Kent, esq. and Anna Maria his wife; Cartaret John Halford of Richmond, Surrey, esq. and Eliz. Streater his wife; John Ellis late of James St., Buckingham Gate, Mx., now of Penzance esq.; Susannah Blissett Ellis of Sloane St., Mx., spinster (heirs of Wm. Ellis dec'd.; vendors)

(2) Edw. Harrison of Southampton Bldgs., Mx., gent. (purchaser, in trust for (4))

(3) Sam. John of Penzance gent., Wm. Warren of Truro gent., John Paul Wodey of Staines, Mx. gent. (attorneys of (1))

(4) John Ellis, as in (1) (exor. of Wm. Ellis; beneficiary of trust)

(5) Carteret John Wm. Ellis of Trinity College, Cambridge, esq. residing at Paris, France (son and heir of (4))

(6) Chris. Ellis Richard of Penzance gent.; Edw. Coulthard of Penzance gent.; Jas. Dulling of Southampton Bldgs., Mx. gent. (attorneys of (2))

Recites: wills of Wm. Ellis of North St., Westminster, Mx. 23 Sept. 1820, 18 Feb. 1822 and subsequent agreements.

Manor of Penzance and St. Just, in Penzance, St. Just (in Penwith), Sennen, Madron, St. Buryan, Paul and Ludgvan; Higher Bray and Lower Bray occ. John Tremewan; with Quaker burial ground nearby; 2/3 of Bray Vean occ. Geo. Bone, 6/9 of Higher Bosweddan occ. Nick. and John Boyns with 3 messuages nearby, 22/24 of Treese or Tretheese occ. Mich. Davy and Thos. Ellis, 3 of Bosean occ. Hugh Woolcock, with stamping mill, all in St. Just in Penwith; tenements in Trelew, St. Buryan, occ. Wm. Nicholas and others; moiety of Lasingey late occ. Thos. Fox now occ. Thos. Ellis, Tremethack occ. Philip Argal and others, both in Madron; messuage near the Green occ. Benj. Trembath and Eliz. Ustick, plot of ground with ruined pleasure house and 4 messuages, mess. in Alverton St. occ. exors of Margery Jenkin dec'd., mess. near the Cross occ. John James and Bernard Victor, 3 mess. in Alverton St. occ. Wm. and Mary Cock, 2 mess. in Market St. occ. Edw. Rowe printer and John Symons druggist, with rooms behind, mess, near the cross occ. Ralph Hacker Bodilly and others, with mess,. and joiner's shop behind, mess. in Market St. occ. Robert Dunkin, mess and shop near Cross occ. Robert Matthews Branwell, mess. facing Lady St. occ. Henry Edmonds, 4/8 of mess. gdn. and meadow in Marketjew St. occ. Peter Roberts and Richard Sampson, 4 fields converted to 3 near Alverton St. occ. Wm. and Mary Cock with loft nearby late occ. Wm. Ellis dec'd, all in Penzance; barton etc. part of Tredavoe occ. reps. of Jas. Bodinnar dec'd. barton etc. part of Penolva occ. Sam. Wright and another part occ. Hannibal Usler, all in Paul; barton etc. called Treeve or Trerise occ. Wm. Stevens, with Quaker's meeting house and stable, moiety of Park Vor, Trevayan, Givele Noweth, the Higher Givele, Gollans, the Lower Pool Down and Havas an Auls with mess. in Escalls occ. John Vingoe, barton in Trevesean occ. John Vingoe, moiety of Park-an-Shaftes, Park-an-Towen, the Lower Giveal, Collus and the Higher Pool Down with croft house in Escalls occ. Wm. and Jas. Richards, share in barton etc. called Trevear occ. John Permewan jnr., all in Sennen; barton etc. called Botreva in Ludgvan occ. Rich. Carman; tenements called Carvose's, Head's, Potter's, Castle Downs and Chipman's, and field called Harvey's, in Tredavoe, occ. Thos. Caravose, Emp's tenement in Tredavoe occ. Robert and Matthew Wallis, fields in Tredavoe occ. Nick. Rodda and others occ. Francis Sadner, barton etc. in Tredavoe occ. Mich. Davey, all in Paul; barton etc. called the Strife Lands part of Tredinney in St. Buryan occ. John Clements; moiety of Great Chucoutter, Little Chucoutter, Higher Park Trap, Lower Park Trap and the Gew in Torleaven and Talpons occ. Arch. Blair, messuages etc. occ. Port Leaven Harbour Company, moiety of Park Mener and the Way Croft in Torleaven and Tolpons occ. John Rogers, moiety of barton of Torleaven occ. Wm. Julian, all in Sithney; manor of Trewethen and Coverack, barton etc. in Trewothen occ. Digory and John Roberts, barton etc. in Trewothen occ. Wm. Roskilly and Mark Munday, barton etc. in Trewothan occ. Eliz. Pengilly, barton etc. in Trewothen occ. John Harris, mill pool in Trewothea occ. Elisha Martin, green lately enclosed in Coverack, quay at Coverack, watchouse at Coverack occ. Commrs. of Customs, messuages and fish cellars etc. in Coverack occ. Henry James and 24 others (named), all in St. Keverne; manor of Treva and Lelant in St. Ives, Gulval, Lelant, Ludgvan and Zennor; 1/6 of Boskednan Wartha occ. John Treneere in Gulval; 1/3 of Treva occ. reps. of Thos. Symons, 2/3 of sundry fields occ. Mr. Wm. Bosustow, 2/3 of sundry fields near Gonwin occ. John Morshead, 1/3 of land and 2 stamping mills at Treva occ. Wm. Praed esq., 2/3 of Hampton's tenement occ. Ann Richards, all in Lelant; 2/3 of bartons in Colloran occ. Jas. Eddy and Francis Rouse, 2/3 of 1/8 of Park Bacon in Crowlas occ. John Simmons, all in Ludgvan; 2/3 of barton called Porthmeor occ. David Berryman, 2/3 of Treethene or Trune occ. Wm. Legge, 2/3 of Trebean in Trewey occ. Nick. and John Stevens, all in Zennor; 1/6 of barton in Hendra in St. Ives occ. John Major; messuages, orchard etc. in Kenwyn; also small properties in Binstead, Alton and Bramshot in Hants.; Thursley in Surrey, and St. Mary Woolnoth in London.

Memoranda of taking of seisin (giving acreages for certain of the properties). Date: 31 Dec. 1825 Held by: Archives and Cornish Studies Service (formerly Cornwall Record Office), not available at The National Archives





Collaboration
  • Login to edit this profile and add images.
  • Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
  • Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)


Comments

Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.