Surnames/tags: Endicott Endecott
About the Project
The Endicott Name Study project serves as a collaborative platform to collect information on the Endicott name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join the study to help make it a valuable reference point for other genealogists who are researching or have an interest in the Endicott name.
As a One Name Study, this project is not limited to persons who are related biologically. Individual team studies can be used to branch out the research into specific methods and areas of interest, such as geographically (England Endicotts), by time period (18th Century Endicotts), or by topic (Endicott DNA, Endicott Occupations, Endicott Statistics). These studies may also include a number of family branches which have no immediate link with each other. Some researchers may even be motivated to go beyond the profile identification and research stage to compile fully sourced, single-family histories of some of the families they discover through this name study project.
Also see the related surnames and surname variants.
How to Join
To join the Endicott Name Study, look at our current teams to see if there is a specific study ongoing that fits your interests. If so, feel free to add your name to the Membership list below, post an introduction comment on the specific team page, and then dive right in!
If a team does not yet exist for your particular area of interest, please contact the Name Study Coordinator: Michelle Hartley for assistance.
Once you are ready to go, you can also show your project affiliation with the ONS Member Sticker:
- Endecott during the sixteenth and seventeeth century was unquestionably a Devon name.
- Michelle Hartley
- Example: Name - I am interested in the Endicotts of Europe during (time period). I am hoping that this research will help me break down one of my brick walls!
Related Surnames and Surname Variants
== DNA ==
Big Y-700 Tester #1 Terminal SNP I-FTB22516 - Descendant of Gov. John Endecott Big Y-700 Tester #2 Terminal SNP I-FTB22516 - Descendant of Gov. John Endecott Big Y-700 Tester #3 Terminal SNP I-FTB22742 - From Chagford, England. Not a descendant of Gov. John Endecott Big Y-700 Tester #4 Waiting on Results - from England Tester #5 - I-M223 (23&me) - Descendant of Gov. John Endecott Tester #6 - I-M223 (FTDNA )- Descendant of Gov. John Endecott Tester #7 - I-M223 (FTDNA) - Descendant of Gov. John Endecott Tester #8 (Enticot) - I-M223 (not FTDNA) - Chagford, England. - Not a descendant of Gov. John Endecott This most likely ties Gov John's ancestors to those of Thomas Endecott born 1566.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)