England Project | England Counties Team
Welcome to the Counties Team
The Counties Team is part of the England Project
The goal of the Counties Team is to organise ourselves into groups that will focus on profiles of people born in a particular region of England. These regions are then divided into individual county teams. Ultimately we want to see an increase in profiles from that county, and to see the standard of those profiles rise. We do this through maintenance categories, one place studies, notable profiles and sub-projects, and are always open to new ideas. Please answer the G2G post if you would like to join the England Project and one of these teams.
|Region||Regional Coordinator||County Teams |Team Leader|
|Northern England Team||Nic Donnelly|
|East Midlands Team||Stephen Heathcote|
|West Midlands Team||TBC|
|East England Team||Michael Christmas|
|South East England Team||TBC|
|South West England Team||Elizabeth Viney|
|Region||Regional Coordinator||County Teams|Team Leader|
The following reports can be useful for locating other family members loaded by known problematic gedcom uploads.
- Help set short-term and long-term goals for their team in all areas
- Welcome new team members in and introduce them to the team
- Regularly communicate, coordinate and collaborate with the team
- Support the team to ensure they have everything they need
Team members should join the rest of their county team in aiming to make all profiles for their county the best that they can be. Topics selected for focusing upon by the County Team are intended to help achieve profile excellence, so we hope that team members will work on those as well as suggesting new topics for the team where appropriate. But, we accept that sometimes team members, although sharing a special interest in the county, will be busy producing excellent work on personal projects and so won't always have time to help with their County Team's topics. Team members should share knowledge and skills, supporting each other and contributing to shared County Team Resources and Categorisation.
- Prospective new England Project members should be directed to the England Project Page
- Existing members with an interest in a specific county can be referred to Nic Donnelly and Elizabeth Viney
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)