Welcome to the Counties Team
The Counties Team is part of the England Project
Project Coordinator: Lizzie Griffiths
The goal of the Counties Team is to organise ourselves into groups that will focus on profiles of people born in a particular region of England. These regions are then divided into individual county teams. Ultimately we want to see an increase in profiles from that county, and to see the standard of those profiles rise. We do this through maintenance categories, one place studies, notable profiles and sub-projects, and are always open to new ideas. Please contact the team leader if you would like to join the England Project and one of these teams.
The following reports can be useful for locating other family members loaded by known problematic gedcom uploads.
Items below this section are draft sections for this page under review. Comments to Chris Weston (Weston-987) please.
- Help set short-term and long-term goals for their team in all areas
- Welcome new team members in and introduce them to the team
- Regularly communicate, coordinate and collaborate with the team
- Support the team to ensure they have everything they need
Team members should join the rest of their county team in aiming to make all profiles for their county the best that they can be. Topics selected for focusing upon by the County Team are intended to help achieve profile excellence, so we hope that team members will work on those as well as suggesting new topics for the team where appropriate. But, we accept that sometimes team members, although sharing a special interest in the county, will be busy producing excellent work on personal projects and so won't always have time to help with their County Team's topics. Team members should share knowledge and skills, supporting each other and contributing to shared County Team Resources and Categorisation.
- Prospective new England Project members should be directed to the relevant G2G posting (https://www.wikitree.com/g2g/764825/do-you-want-to-become-an-england-project-member-in-2019).
- Existing members with an interest in a specific county can be referred to Lizzie Griffiths.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 11 Jun 2019 at 03:09 GMT Carolyn (Giles) Dominish Ms wrote:
As I am Australian (don't involve me in any cricket discussions :)) so have no idea about which part of England the Huntingdonshire area is located. Midlands .. I don't know.... I have high hopes that I will find the answers to many of my questions here. btw My father's tree started in Bromsgrove; and my mother's probably in Spitalfields, London, about 1590. Please help... :( Carolyn Dominish Giles-3244
On 13 Dec 2018 at 15:19 GMT Lizzie (Batman) Griffiths wrote:
I’ve started looking at some suggestions on the Cheshire and Merseyside Page. Quick question, if I either correct or advise PM to correct the Merseyside Suggestions should I then change Merseyside to either Lancashire or Cheshire? Merseyside didn’t exist until 1974. I don’t want to move suggestions, especially to another County I.e. Lancashire but I also don’t think that Merseyside should be cited on profiles pre 1974? Lizzie
On 9 Oct 2018 at 13:45 GMT Lynda Crackett wrote:
On 6 Sep 2018 at 13:23 GMT Sharon Evered wrote:
On 25 May 2018 at 11:24 GMT Julie (Crofts) Rourke wrote:
On 14 May 2018 at 11:25 GMT Joan (Williams) Whitaker wrote:
On 18 Apr 2018 at 19:57 GMT David Howe wrote:
William Howe 1504-1515 Court of Chancery, Surry, England Guilford 1504-15: John Shawe son and heir of Joan Shawe late w Richard Shawe formerly Joan Howe dau & heir of William Howe v Thomas Taillour & Richard Cressell re detention of deeds of house The Lamb, G. & other tenements there whence pl. ejected by William Sonders & Thomas Johnson als Jenyns. (Archive C 1/361//21)
On 25 Jan 2018 at 21:49 GMT David Howe wrote:
On 21 Jan 2018 at 06:11 GMT Teresa Langford wrote:
On 30 Nov 2017 at 17:04 GMT Kimberly (M) Cooper wrote: