Categories: England, Maintenance Categories.
Return to Profile Improvers Teams page
- England Biography Builder Team Page
- England Connectors Team Page
- England Sourcerers Team Page
- England Arborists Team Page
- Merging in England Page
- England Project Arborists Prep Team
Team Leader - Janet Wild
Welcome to the team page of the England Data Doctors
- Data Doctors improve profiles on WikiTree by correcting errors (suggestions) identified in the data.
- The England Project Data Doctors are:
Janet Wild (Team Leader) | Peter Cameron | Susan DeFoe | Teresa Downey | John Elkin | Joe Farler | Hiliary Gadsby | Carol Keeling | Emma McBeath | Lynden Raber Castle Rodriguez | Joan Whitaker | David Edwards | Karen Butler | Paul Shepard| Lesley Leamon | Robert Stiles | Sandie Mustchin |
How Can You Help
- Any help you can give to improve our profiles by reducing suggestions (errors) is appreciated, even if its only fixing one or two each week. Please let us know what you are working on and give us your suggestions about how we can reduce the errors on our English profiles
Doing a little bit more
- As a Data Doctor for the England Project you might want to do more. There are some ideas below.
- If you enjoy challenges, then join the weekly Data Doctors Challenge. Work on the England suggestions. Main list ::https://www.wikitree.com/g2g/716298/challenge-of-the-week-improve-orphaned-profiles
- Quality over quantity - Can we when possible leave a message on the profile amended to draw their attention to it, try to sent the link to their suggestion list and for some a reminder or introduction to the How To pages. While this slows the rate of clearance it is using the opportunity to teach others and potentially reducing the number of suggestions both old and new.
Maintain for England
- Help to reduce the number of profiles in the England Maintenance Categories, especially the Serious Data Problems
- Having said that please mark profiles Unsourced|County if they have no official records linked to the data. Just a name or website or a broad statement are not sources. While we wish to reduce suggestions we also wish to build the quality and look of profiles through sourcing and biography building.
- Links to the other England teams are give at the top of the page please visit and review what our colleagues are busy doing. Thanks
County Data Doctor
- Join your counties team. Work on reducing the suggestions (errors) for your county. Please let us know what you are doing.
Data Doctor England List
- 11th November List link https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Automated:DD_Suggestion_List_ENG
- Suggestion report for England. There were 72167 suggestions on 2018-11-11.
- 4 - 11 Nov saw the list reduced by 1,243
- Running total since end of July list reduced by - 13,079 :) brilliant results thank you everyone.
"Adopt a Suggestion"
- The table below gives a list of suggestion (error) codes along with link to a page that give details about that specific suggestion. Work on your suggestion to reduce the number of occurrences to the lowest possible number. Once this is achieved then do a weekly check and clean up any new suggestions that have occurred. Tell us what you are doing so we can add your name to the list. Its OK for more than one person to work on the same error.
Suggestion Codes for England
- Would you like to join the Data Doctor England Team? Jun 10, 2018.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 31 Oct 2018 at 23:29 GMT Janet (Langridge) Wild wrote:
Figures all updated they reflect the changes since the end of September to 28th October
Thank you one and all for the work you are doing.
If you know of anyone that might like to join the team do please invite them to join us.
Have an enjoyable Halloween.
On 4 Oct 2018 at 19:22 GMT Janet (Langridge) Wild wrote:
The latest Data Doctor list posted after the source-a-thon shows no mayor changes there may be more news soon.
Thank you all for your work on the England suggestions and your work for the Source-a-thon
On 8 Sep 2018 at 18:38 GMT Janet (Langridge) Wild wrote:
The following table shows our largest suggestion numbers on the report for the 26th August: Code Suggestion Total to do
- 511 Unique names (spelling) 6,886
- 210 Father was dead before birth 3,742
- 310 Mother was dead before birth 3,478
- 133 No Dates – Dates on relatives, Open unknown status 3,403
- 205 Father is too young or not born 2,851
This table shows the biggest and best reductions: Code Suggestions with biggest reductions
- 612 Location too early in birth location 1453/303
- 755 Wrong character in Nicknames 182 / ZERO
- 835 Local file reference 512/5,758
- 851 GEDCOM uncleaned interpret date 530/6,572
Total reduction for the month 5,072 / 80,174 left
On 2 Sep 2018 at 05:06 GMT Janet (Langridge) Wild wrote:
If you are interested in work the county unsourced profiles Sign up here https://www.wikitree.com/g2g/671321/have-you-registered-for-the-source-a-thon-yet-1. I am in the https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Space:Sandringham_Strollers as we work at a steady pace quality not quantity.
October is History month so may have increased activity on wikitree.
On 15 Aug 2018 at 16:13 GMT Carol (Winton) Keeling wrote:
I like seeing the numbers reducing in the table, it gives us an incentive to keep going.
On 14 Aug 2018 at 19:16 GMT Janet (Langridge) Wild wrote:
So the one on here is the last weeks still
Well spotted Teresa :)
Thanks Joan thought the numbers would be useful to see where the changes are occurring.
Did you all see the short piece in the England newsletter. Thanks everyone for all your hard work
On 9 Aug 2018 at 05:15 GMT Joan (Williams) Whitaker wrote:
And well done everyone. You are all doing a great job,
On 18 Jul 2018 at 11:55 GMT Janet (Langridge) Wild wrote:
Thank you for all your work on the England suggestions it is very much appreciated
From the list below you can see we are making a difference
There were 88052 suggestions on 2018-07-08.
There were 87013 suggestions on 2018-07-15.
Janet Team Leader - England Data Doctor Team
On 4 Jun 2018 at 20:51 GMT Janet (Langridge) Wild wrote: