Surnames/tags: England Data_Doctors
Return to Profile Improvers Teams page
- Go to - England Biography Builder Team Page|England Connectors Team Page |England Sourcerers Team Page |England Arborists Team Page|Merging in England Page|England Project Arborists Prep Team
- Team Leader - Janet Wild
Welcome to the team page of the England Data Doctors
- Data Doctors improve profiles on WikiTree by correcting errors (suggestions) identified in the data.
- The England Project Data Doctors are: Janet Wild (Team Leader) | Peter Cameron | Susan DeFoe |John Elkin | Joe Farler | Hiliary Gadsby |Carol Keeling | Emma McBeath |Lynden Raber Castle Rodriguez | Joan Whitaker |David Edwards |Karen Butler | Paul Shepard | Lesley Leamon |Robert Stiles |Sandie Mustchin |Helen Bowen | Trevor Pickup | Jo Fitz-Henry | Marion Poole|P Kreutzer |Lizzie Griffiths | Marjorie Gibbon
Data Doctor England List
- 20th January 2019 List link https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Automated:DD_Suggestion_List_ENG
- Please note there are a number of new suggestions that have been added
- Suggestion report for England. There were 88034 suggestions on 13th Jan 2019
- From the 30th December to the 13th January we cleared 172 :) thank you
- The report shows 14,504 suggestions on English profiles that are in the 0000 - 1499 years, is anyone Pre-1500 Certified and able to start to work on these?
How Can You Help
- Any help you can give to improve our profiles by reducing suggestions (errors) is appreciated, even if its only fixing one or two each week. Please let us know what you are working on and give us your suggestions about how we can reduce the errors on our English profiles
Doing a little bit more
- As a Data Doctor for the England Project you might want to do more. There are some ideas below.
- If you enjoy challenges, then join the weekly Data Doctors Challenge. Work on the England suggestions - see the Data Doctor England List higher up on the page, thanks
- 20th January 2019 - https://www.wikitree.com/g2g/756581/challenge-of-the-week-help-clean-up-marriage-data
- Quality over quantity - Can we when possible leave a message on the profile amended to draw their attention to the profile and try to sent the link to their suggestion list. For newer Profile Managers a reminder to the How To pages. While adding comments slows the rate of clearance it is using the opportunity to teach others and potentially reducing the number of suggestions both old and new.
Maintain for England
- Help to reduce the number of profiles in the England Maintenance Categories, especially the Serious Data Problems
- Having said that please mark profiles Unsourced|County if they have no official records linked to the data. Just a name or website or a broad statement are not sources. While we wish to reduce suggestions we also wish to build the quality and look of profiles through sourcing and biography building.
- Links to the other England teams are give at the top of the page please visit and review what our colleagues are busy doing. Thanks
County Data Doctor
- Join your counties team. Work on reducing the suggestions (errors) for your county just click the heading to open the county page. Please let us know where you are working by adding your name under the county
"Adopt a Suggestion"
- The table below gives a list of suggestion (error) codes along with link to a page that give details about that specific suggestion. Work on your suggestion to reduce the number of occurrences to the lowest possible number. Once this is achieved then do a weekly check and clean up any new suggestions that have occurred. Tell us what you are doing so we can add your name to the list. Its OK for more than one person to work on the same error.
Suggestion Codes for England
- Suggestions cleared end July - 30th Dec 2018 16,761 :) thank you everyone.
- Opening closed profiles of obviously deceased people. Dec 11, 2018.
- Would you like to join the Data Doctor England Team? Jun 10, 2018.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 22 Jan 2019 at 22:48 GMT Wendy (Ling) Sullivan wrote:
On 22 Jan 2019 at 21:31 GMT Paul Shepard wrote:
On 8 Jan 2019 at 20:49 GMT Marjorie (Humphrey) Gibbon wrote:
On 8 Jan 2019 at 15:31 GMT Janet (Langridge) Wild wrote:
From the end of July 2018 the England suggestions list was reduced by 16,761 a fantastic effort by the England Data Doctor team and other Data Doctors around the world.
In the last two weeks Ales has added new error suggestions to the list from 862-870 This has increased the England list by 14,351.
If anyone feels they would like to join the Data Doctor Project and the England Data Doctor group more helpers would be great
Data Doctor - England Team Leader
PS figures will be updated next week. Current list is based on the 30th December
On 27 Dec 2018 at 17:35 GMT Teresa Downey wrote:
On 18 Dec 2018 at 15:53 GMT Janet (Langridge) Wild wrote:
2 Dec - 9th Dec unfortunately saw the list increase by 5,221 :( This is due in part to changing parameters and a new suggestion being added to the list,
also a large number of large Gedcom imports so please do not lose heart.
The week from the 9th to the 16th saw a reduction of 1,603 which is brilliant
Many Thanks to you all
On 4 Dec 2018 at 04:32 GMT Janet (Langridge) Wild wrote:
Figures are updated using the report from the 25 November.
A warm welcome to several new members who joined the team in the last few weeks these are David Edwards, Karen Butler, Paul Shepard, Lesley Leamon Robert Stiles Sandie Mustchin, Trevor Pickup and Jo Fitz-Henry.
Really appreciate you all joining and all the hard work every one is doing
On 31 Oct 2018 at 23:29 GMT Janet (Langridge) Wild wrote:
Figures all updated they reflect the changes since the end of September to 28th October
Thank you one and all for the work you are doing.
If you know of anyone that might like to join the team do please invite them to join us.
Have an enjoyable Halloween.
On 4 Oct 2018 at 19:22 GMT Janet (Langridge) Wild wrote:
The latest Data Doctor list posted after the source-a-thon shows no mayor changes there may be more news soon.
Thank you all for your work on the England suggestions and your work for the Source-a-thon
On 8 Sep 2018 at 18:38 GMT Janet (Langridge) Wild wrote:
The following table shows our largest suggestion numbers on the report for the 26th August: Code Suggestion Total to do
- 511 Unique names (spelling) 6,886
- 210 Father was dead before birth 3,742
- 310 Mother was dead before birth 3,478
- 133 No Dates – Dates on relatives, Open unknown status 3,403
- 205 Father is too young or not born 2,851
This table shows the biggest and best reductions: Code Suggestions with biggest reductions
- 612 Location too early in birth location 1453/303
- 755 Wrong character in Nicknames 182 / ZERO
- 835 Local file reference 512/5,758
- 851 GEDCOM uncleaned interpret date 530/6,572
Total reduction for the month 5,072 / 80,174 left