England Project: Managed Profiles Team Homepage
Terms of Reference
This team is a subgroup of the England Project.
We do these things:
- Improve England Project Managed profiles where necessary with a well written biography including sources, inline references and relevant images. (See the Profile Standards tab). This is the main workload for the team.
- Assess profiles of people born in England (or people contributing significantly to English history) for the need to make them PPP or Managed. (See the tab at the top of the page for more details). This includes maintaining a database of those profiles, showing which need work on their profile, and which are complete and in the general maintenance stage.
- Liaise with the existing PM
- Lead discussion about disputed or controversial aspects of the profile on G2G, a profile free space set up for the purpose or in the comments space on the profile.
- Keep the PPP and PMP spreadsheet up to date, so each member knows where each profile is in the process and who is doing what.
- Work on the England Project data errors for the PPP and PMP profiles, especially in regards to errors in PPP and PMP status.
One team member may choose to do the whole task for a managed profile. More complicated and contentious profiles, or profiles involving a very tangled family may involve a group working together.
Team members: Wendy Sullivan . Vivienne Caldwell . Susie MacLeod . David Urquhart . Elizabeth Viney . Joan Whitaker . Ros Haywood . C. Mackinnon . Stephen Trueblood . Joe Farler . Michael Cayley . Sally Douglas . Nic Donnelly . Traci Thiessen . Jen Hutton . Ian Speed . Mike Bissell . Michael Christmas . Becky Troth . Lois Tilton . Jules Chapman . Elaine Mattsen . Russell Gerrard . Jo Fitz-Henry . Laura DeSpain
The Managed Profiles team splits the workload according to specific eras:
- Team A - post 1700 profiles - led by Sally Douglas
- Team B - 1500-1700 profiles - led by Traci Thiessen
- Team C - pre-1500 profiles - led by Michael Cayley
To join the Managed Profiles Team you must be a badged England Project member who:
- has completed the Orphan Trail, or can otherwise demonstrate a high standard of biography writing, accurate sourcing, analysis of conflicting information, and collaboration with the other members of the Trusted List for that profile and the wider Wiki Tree membership.
- is actively involved with at least one England Project team after completing the Orphan Trail
- is in good standing with the England Project.
We expect from our team members:
- commitment to completing an allocated task
- profiles to be written according to the England Project Profile Writing Standards
- collaborative working with other Wikitree members both inside and outside of the England Project
- an expectation that team members will accept constructive feedback on their work.
Generally this is a team for the more experienced members of the England Project, but the Team coordinators are very happy to discuss membership with anyone who meets the criteria listed above.
We communicate via
- Discord chat channel for on the fly discussion about work in progress
- the England Project Google group for general England Project topics
- G2G to discuss specific profiles and include other interested parties from the wider Wikitree community
England Project Managed Profiles needing work
Find them here
The list is updated monthly.
Instructions for selecting your chosen profile are on the page.
A Checklist for work on Managed Profiles
A checklist has been developed for working on Managed Profiles to give us a bit of structure. Feel free to send your suggestions for improvements to the list to the team coordinators and leaders.
Complete England Project PPP and PMP profile list
A list of all PPP and PMP profiles managed by the England Project: PPP and managed by the England Project and click 'get profiles'
Error List for the England Project PPP and PMP profiles
What do these numbers mean? The following numbers are what we are aiming for:
1. Lots - these are our England Project badged PPP profiles
8. These are ALL the PPPs in Wikitree with no project box - ideally should be zero. Most have nothing to do with the England project.
9. Lots. Our England Project managed profiles which are badged, but do not need PPP
WikiTree-57 England Project
- Trusted List: 589
- Managed List: 548
- Template:England: 559
- All Templates: 549
ProjectState profiles for WikiTree57.
|1) PPP, Project box, Managed, Trusted,||219||82||126||5||5||1|
|3) PPP, Project box, Not Managed, Trusted,||1||1|
|4) PPP, Project box, Not Managed, Not Trusted,||0|
|5) PPP, No Project box, Managed, Trusted,||0|
|7) PPP, No Project box, Not Managed, Trusted,||7||6||1|
|8) PPP, No Project box, Not Managed, Not Trusted,||2613||1||836||674||702||286||114|
|9) Not PPP, Project box, Managed, Trusted,||322||3||43||106||42||80||48|
|11) Not PPP, Project box, Not Managed, Trusted,||1||1|
|12) Not PPP, Project box, Not Managed, Not Trusted,||6||1||5|
|13) Not PPP, No Project box, Managed, Trusted,||7||3||4|
|15) Not PPP, No Project box, Not Managed, Trusted,||32||10||21||1|
Table prepared at 31.05.2020 14:26:23 (Slovenian time). Condition to prepare list ( is ).
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Jo Fitz-Henry, England Project WikiTree, and Stephen Trueblood. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)