England Project - Pre-1500 Prep
The Pre-1500 prep arrangements are currently being reviewed, and there may be some changes. I regret that, in the meantime, it will not be possible to accept new people on the program. - Michael Cayley 15:37, 12 February 2020 (UTC)
The England Project's Pre-1500 Prep is a mentoring program to help England Project members develop their skills working with early profiles with the aim of attaining pre-1500 certification.
The program is open to England Project members who have completed the Orphan Trail and have an interest and commitment to further develop their research and presentation skills. Potential participants should have a sound knowledge of post 1700 English resources from their Orphan Trail participation and a good understanding of the different types of resources that are needed to source pre-1500 profiles.
This program is an initiative of the England Project and there is no affiliation with the pre-1500 certification panel.
As well as general Wikitree policies, procedures and styles participants need to follow the guidelines on these pages:
Once accepted as a prepper help is always available. Each prepper is allocated a private free-space page where they can work through their research with their mentor and have biographies, citations and other work appraised before they add it to the relevant profile. Some preppers have also used their space to create a complete profile ready to add when they gain certification.
Potential preppers should:
- Ensure that all profiles they are profile manager of are reliably sourced.
- Clear their watchlist as much as possible.
- Have read the Wikitree and England Project pages mentioned above.
Preppers will be asked to nominate two profiles that they are working on for consideration of their submission for pre-1500 certification. As part of the program they will be asked to develop a third profile for the England Project. This will be an empty or near empty profile and can be an England Project managed profile or any pre-1700 English profile.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)