Surnames/tags: England PPP
England : Project Managed Profiles (PMP) and Project Protected Profiles (PPP)
The England Project manages profiles of notable English people who are important to our English history, and who either were born or died in England or spent a large proportion of their life in England.
Guides to notablility are the Wikitree Notabability test or inclusion in the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography.
We honour these people by:
- adopting the profile if they are a Wikitree orphan
- becoming a co-manager if the profile is not managed by another Project.
- improving the profile with a splendid biography, sources and links
- maintaining the integrity of the profile
The England Project protects the profile of an English person (whether or not they are notable) if:
- aspects of their history are contentious, unproven or speculative. The biography or comments indicate that there has been dispute about:
- the identity of the person,
- key details of the person’s life, or their descendants or ancestors
- or there has been G2G discussion requesting that the profile be locked
- the identity of the person,
- the profile is prone to duplication.
- the Last Name at Birth (LNAB) is unstable.
The England Project protects a profile by:
- either adopting an orphaned profile or becoming a co-manager if the profile is not already managed by a Project.
- applying PPP status, which locks the LNAB and the parents, spouses and children of the profile person.
- researching the profile history using reliable sources and improving the biography if required.
- encouraging and leading discussion about the profile person and their family on G2G
- maintaining the integrity of the finished profile by keeping it on our watchlist.
Only a small proportion of the England Project's Managed Profiles will need Project Protection.
There are a large number of profiles with legacy Project Protection which are not managed by any project.
If the England Project decides to adopt any of these profiles, we will post a comment on the profile to notify the current profile managers that the England Project wishes to become a co-manager.
If the England Project Managed Profiles team decides that the legacy PPP can safely be removed from any English profile, then we will consult with the current manager.
Suggest a profile for the England Project to manage
To suggest a profile for England Project management (including how it meets the Project Management and or Project Protection criteria), please complete this e-form:
Form for PMP and PPP Suggestions
Profiles currently managed by the England Project
Top level: England, Project Managed Profiles
- England, pre-1500 Managed Profiles
- England, Pre-1500 PPPs
- England, pre-1700 Managed Profiles
- England, Pre-1700 PPPs
- England, Post-1700 Managed Profiles
- England, Post-1700 PPPs
- England, Authors Managed Profiles and PPPs
- England, Members of Parliament Managed Profiles and PPPs
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)