Welcome to the England Topics Page
The England Topics Team is part of the England Project.
Project Coordinator for Topics: Stephen Trueblood. Please contact him if you have any questions or suggestions. Let us know what future Topics you would like to see.
Topics are ways to bring together profiles under a theme, usually supported by a FreeSpace page, to work on English profiles in order that they may be gathered together and curated under that theme.
For the National Topics we want to create flagship profiles that will be a lasting legacy for future generations. We do this in conjunction with the Managed Profiles team which works on the profiles managed and protected by England as well as the Profile Improvements team.
These are topics which cover England-wide themes
- English Classical Music Composers
These are topics which cover smaller themes often at a local level. This could be over most any sort of topic: a particular event, a particular building or a particular group of people.
- Westbridge Cottages. Built in 1850 to house mining families in Tavistock, Devon. This page looks at the first residents of these distinctive buildings.
- Beckingham Quakers. A page detailing the early Quakers in the Beckingham area of Lincolnshire and Barnby in the Willows in Nottinghamshire either side of the River Witham during the first decade of the group: 1654-1664.
Topics Team Members
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)