Associated with the England Project
One of the England Topics
Topic leader: currently vacant
|The Fighting Temeraire - JMW Turner - 1839|
An English Artist is a painter or sculptor, who was born in England, or was born of English parents living abroad and was recognised as an English Citizen. Exceptionally, it may be an painter whose main body of work was produced in England and has national significance, e.g. Hans Holbein or Anthony van Dyck.
This is the current list of artists with the English Artist tag.
The Mission of the topic is to assist in the management of the profiles which represent English Artists and their immediate families and ancestors. Profiles that fall within the criteria will also be protected where applicable.
Our goal is:
- To locate and group together the profiles of English Artists, that are already on Wikitree, by adding [[Category: English Artists]] to the profile.
- To create a profile for those artists that are not represented on Wikitree yet, and research and develop that profile.
- To write informative and pleasurable biographies with inline citations, adhering to Wikitree's styles and standards. As well-known artists' work tends to be exhaustively covered elsewhere these biographies should aim to place the artist within the history of their family as well as the history of their art.
- To continue their lineage by at least two full generations where ever possible. Wherever possible they should be connected to the main tree.
If you find a profile which you feel would fit in this topic, please submit it using this Form. If you have any questions or would like to join the topic, please contact Stephen Trueblood or Marjorie Gibbon.
England Members working on English Artists are:
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: England Project WikiTree and Wendy Sullivan. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)