Surnames/tags: England Naturalists
- The sciences, as botany, mineralogy, or zoology, dealing with the study of all objects in nature: used especially in reference to the beginnings of these sciences in former times.
- the study of these sciences. 
This topic is a tribute to the many English naturalists and natural history societies. Gradually we will add profiles for the naturalists listed here, and add categories for the Natural History Societies and maybe eventually the Natural History Museums.
Please get in touch if you would like to join us! Or just add the 'English Naturalist' category to relevant profiles to grow the topic: [[Category:English Naturalists]] at the top of the biography.
English Natural Historians
Follow this link for the list of English Naturalists on Wikitree.
Please if you find anyone who should be on the list, add the category [[Category:English Naturalists]] to their profile, or make them a profile and add the category.
Natural History Societies of England
There are many Natural History Societies in England, including:
- The Royal Society which first met in 1660.
- Linnean Society of London founded in 1788.
- The Geological Society (of London) inaugurated on 13 November 1807.
- Zoological Society of London founded in 1826.
- Natural History Society of Northumbria founded in 1829.
These organisations don't have categories on Wikitree, yet:
- Royal Botanic Society founded in 1839, dissolved in 1932.
- Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society founded 1853.
- Cambridge Natural History Society founded in 1857.
- The Geologists Association, founded in 1858.
- Birmingham Natural History Society founded in 1858.
- London Natural History Society founded in 1858.
- Yorkshire Naturalists Union founded in 1861.
- Bristol Naturalists' Society founded in 1862.
- Barnelsy Naturalist and Scientific Society founded in 1867.
- Northamptonshire Natural History Society founded in 1876.
- Manchester Microscopical & Natural History Society founded in 1880.
- Cleveland Naturalists' Field Club founded in 1881.
- Scarborough Field Naturalists’ Society founded in 1889.
- British Naturalists Association founded in 1905.
- Altrincham and District Natural History Society founded in 1908.
- The Sorby Natural History Society, Sheffield formed in 1918 in honour of Henry Clifton Sorby (1826-1908).
- Sutton Coalfield Natural History Society founded in 1919.
- The Society for the History of Natural History founded in 1936.
Natural History Museums in England
A list on Wikipedia includes 63 musuems.
For a future date ...
- ↑ Definition of ‘’natural history’’ accessed at Dictionary.com https://www.dictionary.com/browse/natural-history 22 Feb 2022
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Marjorie Gibbon, Neil Stewart, and England Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)