Location: Enochs, Bailey County, Texas
Surname/tag: Enochs, Bailey County Texas,
This free space page for the Enochs Cemetery is part of WikiTree's Texas Cemeteries Project. The page has been created to document the life and times of the people who are interred there. The Texas Cemeteries Project is a sub-project of the larger U.S. Cemeteries Project. This cemetery is an active cemetery.
This page is a work in progress. It will remain so until the cemetery have been photographed and profiles created for each person interred here. Since this is an active cemetery, this will continue into the foreseeable future.
If the reader would like to assist in documenting this cemetery, please contact Charlie Vines. Please contact me if you know a person interred in the cemetery who has an existing profile.
The Enochs Cemetery is located near State Highway (SH) 214, south of Farm to Market (FM) 54 .
GPS COORDINATES: 33.871390, -102.766361
From Muleshoe, travel south on SH 214 approximately 23 miles. Turn right on a dirt road about 700 feet south of the intersection of SH 214 and FM 54. The cemetery will is located at the end of the dirt road.
From Morton, travel north on SH 214 approximately ten miles. Turn left on a dirt road about 700 feet south of the intersection of SH 214 and FM 54. The cemetery will is located at the end of the dirt road.
From Littlefield, travel west to Enochs, approximately 28 miles. Turn left on SH 214. urn right on a dirt road about 700 feet south of the intersection of SH 214 and FM 54. The cemetery will is located at the end of the dirt road.
1) There is a cemetery sign near the dirt road where the cemetery is located marking where to turn.
2) A sign going into the cemetery reads, "Beware of Rattlesnakes", so, please watch your step.
HISTORICAL TEXAS CEMETERY
TEXAS HISTORICAL COMMISSION
The burial ground has served the community of Enochs since the early 20th century. In 1924, Isaac C. Enochs, JR. (d. 1958), a land speculator and sheep rancher, donated land for the settlement, including a site for a cemetery. The oldest interment here is of Julia M. Brown (d. 1936); three others were buried before residents organized a cemetery association in 1947 to care for the property in the growing trading community. Shortly afterwords, the cemetery association and other local organizations added improvements to the grounds. In 1986, the association reorganized and today maintains the cemetery, a lasting reminder of the pioneers who resided in this rural community.
HISTORIC TEXAS CEMETERY - 2006
MARKER IS PROPERTY OF THE STATE OF TEXAS
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)