Location: Middlesex, Virginia
Births, Marriages, Burials for people potentially related to the AMIS family, from "The Parish Register of Christ Church, Middlesex County, Virginia, from 1653 to 1812":
p. 17: John Vivion the Sone of Jno. and Margt Vivion baptized 28th of August .
p. 25: Margarett Vivion ye Daughter of Jno. & Margt Vivion baptz 26th of April 1684.
p. 63: James Daniel & Margaret Vivion were Married Jan ye 27th 1704.
John Vivion & Christian Briscoe were Married Feb. ye 23d 1704.
p. 64: Rachel Daniel ye Daughter of James and Margaret Daniel his Wife was Born Octobr ye 14th and was Baptized Novembr ye 15th Anno Domini 1704.
- Peter ye son of James & Margaret Daniel his Wife was Baptized Septemb Ye 29th [1704 or 05? year not included, but inferred from surrounding entries].
- Elizabeth Ye Daughter of John Aldin & Frances his wife was Bap. Feb Ye 10th 1704.
p. 72: Charles Ye Son of James Daniel & Margaret his Wife Baptized 1708/9.
p. 78: Frances daughter of Frances & John Aldin baptized Do. day &c. [previously referenced date was 1 Janry 1707.]
p.79 [marriages] "John Alding & Frances Williamson ye 16th February 1704"
- Garrett Minor & Diana Vivion ye 17th of October 1706.
- Thomas Smyth & Jane Annis [Amis?] ye 26th of December 1706.
p. 82: [marriages] John Vivion & Eliza Thacker 19 June 1711.
p. 86: "Martha, daughter of John and Francis Alding baptized 16th day of March 1711"
p. 90: John Son of John & Elizabeth Vivion born August ye 10. baptized August ye 18. 1714.
p. 94: John son of John & Frances Aldin born July ye 28, baptized August ye 26 1716.
p. 97: Elizabeth daughter of John & Elizabeth Vivion born August ye 17. baptized Sept ye 9. 1717.
p. 100: Elizabeth daughter of Thomas & Frances Vivion born Octo. 14. baptized Octo. 27 1718.
p. 102: Elizabeth daughter of John & Elizabeth Vivion born May 4. baptized May 19 1719.
p. 105: Mary daughter of John & Frances Alldin born July ye 3. baptized August 14 1720.
p. 115: John Son of Thomas & Rachel Amis born August ye 20. baptized Augst. ye 30. 1724.
p. 120: Vivion Son of James & Margrett Daniel born July ye 1st baptized July 29 1726.
p. 139: Frances daughter of Edward & Martha Dillard born June ye 25. baptized July ye 10. 1734.
p. 143: Mary Daughter of Edwd & Martha Dillard born Sept 28th. Baptiz'd Oct. 24, 1736.
p. 149: John son of Edward & Martha Dillard born March 30th bap'd May 5th 1739.
p. 150: Martha, Daughter of Edward & Martha Dillard was born Janry 8. Baptd Febry 23rd 1740.
p. 156: Elizabeth Daughter of Edward & Martha Dillard born October 20th Bapd Nober 13. 1743.
p. 159: Frances Daughter of John & Jane Aldin born Decemr 24th Bapd Janry 9th 1745.
p. 160: Lucy Daughter of Edward & Martha Dillard born Octor 20th. Bapd Novr 16th 1746.
p. 162: Thomas Vivion & Frances Thacker Married Janry ye 2. 1717.
- Thomas Amis & Rachel Daniel Married Novemr ye 14, 1722.
- "John Smith & Elizabeth Alding, married Octo. ye 27 1724
- James Daniel & Jenny Hicks Married Novemr ye 11 1725.
- Henry Mickleburrough & Frances Alding Married July ye 20 1727.
p. 167: Paul Thilman & Elizabeth Vivion Married Decemr ye 16th 1730.
p. 168: Edward Dillard & Martha Alding Married April ye 6th 1733.
p. 169: Jno Vivion & Jane Smith Married August 12th (Banns) 1735.
- James Amiss & Jane Seager Nichols were Married March 17th 1737/8.
- Nicholas Dillard & Mary Alldin Married Septemr ye 16th 1737.
p. 171: Thomas Dillard & Mary Dillard of King & Queen County married Decr 30th 1778.
p. 174: Elizabeth Vivion dyed Octo. ye 23. & was buried Octo: ye 26. 1717.
p. 175: Elizabeth Vivion dyed Decemr ye 6. & was buried Decemr ye 8. 1718.
p. 180: John Vivion dyed Febry ye 12 & was buried Febry ye 16 1721.
p. 181: Frances Vivion dyed August ye 16. & was buried August ye 21 1724.
p. 184: John Alding dyed April ye 1. & was buried April ye 3, 1727.
p. 188: Elizabeth Vivion dyed Janry ye 12 was buried Janry ye 16 1732.
p. 190: Margaret Daniel Dyed August 11th 1734.
- Martha "Dillion" [sic] died April ye 26th 1746.
- Garrett Son of Edmun Dillion died Sepr ye 11th. 1746.[both of these entries were indexed under "Dillard."]
p. 298: Vivion Son of Henry & Susanna Mickelburrough born Novr 6th. [1759? date not on page, but inferred from earlier entires].
For Later Dillard entries, after 1746, which were not copied here, see the following page numbers from the original volume:
- Delphia p. 203
- Elizabeth, pp. 204, 206
- George p 280
- Jane p 203
- Phil. p. 207
- Sarah, pp. 205, 207
(several births and deaths of slaves owned by the Aldings were also reported in this volume.)
- ↑ The National Society of Colonial Dames of America in the State of Virginia, The Parish Register of Christ Church, Middlesex County, Virginia, from 1653 to 1812 (Richmond: Wm. Ellis Jones Steam Book and Job Printer, 1897). digital images, HathiTrust (https://hdl.handle.net/2027/uiug.30112055998386).
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)