So the six children of the union of Walter Girt and Sarah Ann (Bull) Girt according to this letter were:
- Louisa Jane (Girt) Andrews (1891-1978) - the deceased
- Eva Clara (Girt) Perrey (1893-1971) - mentioned as a beneficiary
- Albert Henry Girt (1895-1972)
- Maud Ethel (Girt) Whisson (1897-1965)
- Daisy Susannah (Girt) Saunders (1899-1977)
- Grace Elizabeth (Girt) Healey (1901-1989) - mentioned as a beneficiary
Why didn't Albert, Maud and Daisy share in the Estate?
It may be because the three siblings Louisa (Aunt Jennie), Grace (Aunty Grace) and Eva (my grandmother) were close and the families corresponded regularly (Eva living in Melbourne, Australia). The names Aunt Jennie and Aunty Grace were mentioned often by my grandmother. Lauren Thomson
Or perhaps the will that was invalid because the children were legally illigitimate did leave the Estate to Grace and Eva's respetive families, and the Treasury Solicitor was following the estate the same way that Aunt Jennie had wished.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)