Location: Neath, Glamorgan, Wales, United Kingdom
Surnames/tags: Penney church chapel
Ethel and Cecil Street Mission was a small independant Chapel of Christianity in Neath, Glamorgan, Wales, United Kingdom.
The Church was run by George Henry Penney (1894-1970) who was the acting Pastor of the chapel, and assisted by his wife Blodwen (Williams) Penney (1893-1970).
The chapel was built in a old garage for a local Neath coach company. It was located on Marshfield road, Melyn, Neath, West Glamorgan, Wales, United Kingdom.
The chapel's pulpit was constructed by hand by the church pastor George Henry Penney (1894-1970) and his brother Arthur Penney (1903-1971) soon before the chapel opened.
The Chapel was named Ethel and Cecil Street Mission as these were the 2 main streets in the Melyn area of Neath Town that the chapel serviced, even though it was located on different street nearby that Joined the 2 Streets.
The Chapel is believed to have started operating around 1920 and had ceased to exist around the 1970's, although the exact date is not currently known.
Approximate Location of the Chapel: https://www.google.com/maps/place/51%C2%B039'20.0%22N+3%C2%B048'35.4%22W
- Information Provided from Memory of Tricia (Vigors) Phillips the granddaughter of the Pastor and who atteneded the chapel as a child. Dictated to Daniel Rudderham on 10th of Feburary 2021.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)