Location: Everett, Snohomish, Washington, United States
Surnames/tags: cemetery Washington_State Snohomish_County
- Cemetery name: Evergreen Cemetery
- Address: 4504 Broadway, Everett, Snohomish County, Washington, 98203 USA
- GPS Coordinates: 47.9603004, -122.2018967
Evergreen Funeral Home and Cemetery was established in 1898. The 100-acre cemetery is the final resting place of numerous prominent citizens and Civil War veterans. The remarkable landscape is comprised of century-old plantings and state champion trees. Evergreen Funeral Home was added to the cemetery in the mid 1980s.
- Earliest known burial: Alvar E Grobey ( -1844)
- Latest known burial: Wilbur James Arnold (1948-2023)
Evergreen is also known for the Rucker Mausoleum, a 30-foot Washington granite pyramid resting on a stone-encased earthen plinth, designed by F.W. Ladd of Seattle and constructed at a cost of $30,000. This mausoleum has a large door of Red Beach granite from Maine. The chapel space inside is surmounted by a large dome with four art glass windows, and at one time contained a gas chandelier. There are 22 crypts, with fitted closures made of polished Barre granite from Vermont. A large, seated bronze figure of Jane Rucker once stood atop the doorway.
- Jane M (Morris) Rucker (1830-1907)
- Jane Rucker - wikipedia, Jane Rucker - FindAGrave
- Rucker’s Tomb – Tribute to a Mother’s Love
- Rucker tomb: The giant granite wonder of Everett
Several veterans of the American Civil War (1861-1865) are buried in Evergreen Cemetery. The Grand Army of the Republic (GAR), a veterans' fraternal organization, memorialized Everett's veterans with an obelisk monument.
- Bob Chesnes 1921-1979
- Louis Kossuth Church (1846-1897)
- David Marston Clough (1846-1924)
- Roland Hill Hartley (1864-1952)
- Henry Martin "Scoop" Jackson (1912-1983)
- Cicero Hunter (1841-1916) Co K, 32nd USCT Infantry Volunteers, Civil War
- See the Evergreen Cemetery category for profiles of those who have been documented at this cemetery.
- Evergreen Funeral Home & Cemetery website
- Evergreen Cemetery FindAGrave
- Evergreen Cemetery Guide
- Evergreen Cemetery Collection
- Evergreen Cemetery Podcast Tour
- Evergreen Cemetery Tour Map
- Evergreen Cemetery US Civil War Veterans in Washington State
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)