Surnames/tags: Ewing McEwan Ewen
About the Project
The Ewing Name Study project serves as a collaborative platform to collect research data about Ewing genealogy. The hope is that other researchers like you will join the study to help make it a valuable reference point for other genealogists who are researching or have an interest in the Ewing name.
As a One Name Study, this project is not limited to persons who are related biologically. Individual studies can be used to branch out the research into specific methods and areas of interest, such as geographically (Scottish or Roane County Ewing's), by time period (16th Century Ewing's), or by topic (Ewing DNA, Ewing Occupations, Ewing Statistics, Artists ). These studies may also include a number of family branches which have no immediate link with each other. Some researchers may even be motivated to go beyond the profile identification and research stage to compile fully sourced, single-family histories of some of the families they discover through this name study project.
Also see the related surnames and surname variants.
How to Join
To join the Ewing Name Study, first start out by browsing our current research pages to see if there is a specific study ongoing that fits your interests. If so, feel free to add your name to the Membership list below, post an introduction comment on the specific team page, and then dive right in!
If a research page does not yet exist for your particular area of interest, please contact the Name Study Coordinator: DG Ewing Sr for assistance.
Once you are ready to go, you can also show your project affiliation with the ONS Member Sticker:
Here are some of the current research pages included in the study. I'll be working on them, and could use your help!
- Ewing Surname Y DNA Project -- FTDNA.com
- Big Y SNP -- Analysis/Admin
- STR Panel -- Analysis/Admin
- Y DNA Diagrams/Charts/Table development and maintenance
- SNP Cladogram
- Group Relationship Diagrams
- Individual Lineage Charts
- Ewing Genealogy Documentation Project -- EFA.com--Developer
- Ewing Family Association Journal Articles --EFA.com--Writer
- Ewing Ancestor Project -- GedMatch.com -- Admin
- Most Distant Known Ewing Project -- EwingDNA.com
- Access Data Base maintenance
- MS SQL Server maintenance
- The Ewing Brick Wall Project Website -- EwingDNA.com
- Any Ewing Descendant plus all variant spellings
- All Ewing Family Association Members
- Any one with cogent reasons for joining.
Related Surnames and Surname Variants
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: DG Ewing and One Name Studies WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
I would like to join the Ewing Name Study, but there are no active links to "add your name to the Membership list below". I am a Ewing descendant on my mother's side. Please help. Thanks a bunch!