Location: Sugar Valley, Gordon, Georgia, United States
Surnames/tags: Fairview Cemetery, Gordon County, Georgia Sugar Valley, Georgia Gordon County, Georgia, Cemeteries
|Monument in Fairview Cemetery|
|Hall Memorial Baptist Church Sign|
Cemetery name: Fairview Cemetery; (also known as 'Hall Memorial Baptist Church Cemetery')
Address: 929 Hall Memorial Rd. NW, Calhoun, Gordon County, Georgia, 30701
GPS Coordinates: 34.5578510, -84.9707560
Fairview Cemetery is adjacent to and associated with Hall Memorial Baptist Church.
Hall Memorial Baptist Church, four miles northwest of Calhoun, was erected by freewill offerings of Gordon County people and others in honor of Rev. W. A. Hall, of Gordon County, who died in trying to save a man from suffocation in a gas-filled well at Fairview. The church was dedicated in 1914, at which time the dedicatory sermon was preached by Rev. M. L. Keith. The Carnegie fund for heroes recognized Mr. Hall’s daring deed by substantial rewards for his family.
- ↑ Pitts, Lulie, History of Gordon County, Georgia, Calhoun, Georgia: Calhoun Times, 1933. p 124. Digital publication available through FamilySearch International, https://www.familysearch.org/library/books/records/item/790405-redirection
- Gravesite photo posted with permission of Find A Grave contributor TNG_of_Thomas, ID 47768649 as noted in email response to request to use his images on WikiTree: “You may use my photos. I’m happy to help.”
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)