Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Falcon Hall was a large mansion home in Morningside, Edinburgh. It was built in 1780 by William Coulter, a wealthy hosier and baillie who served as Lord Provost of Edinburgh from 1808 until his death in 1810. Falcon Hall was set on 18 acres (7.3 ha) between Newbattle Terrace and Canaan Lane. The property was acquired in the early 19th century by Alexander Falconar a merchant of the East India Company. The sale was accompished on 17 February 1814, and Alexander added a fine neoclassical façade by the architect Thomas Hamilton, and renamed the home based on his own name. The home was acquired by Dr John George Bartholomew, a co-founder of the Royal Scottish Geographical Society and owner of the famous mapmaking company, John Bartholomew & Son Limited. The house was demolished in 1909.
A more detailed description of the Hall can be found in The Big Hoose on Wordpress.