Surnames/tags: Fallylea Londonderry Ulster
Profile manager: Ireland Project WikiTree [send private message]
This page has been accessed 25 times.
- Fallylea appears to be a townland in Killelagh Civil Parish in county Londonderry according to Logainm, Griffiths and Wikipedia (in the list of townlands within each parish)
- On Townlands.ie the area is shown in Maghera Civil Parish and this agrees with PlacenamesNI who also show that area on the map as Fallylea. However Placenames has no entry for Fallylea (so no ID), only for Fallylea Bridge and on Wikipedia when you go to the for the Townlands of County Londonderry the townland is missing. Neither of the references on the first Wikipedia page work (404).
- The logainm map shows the same area as that shown on Placenamesni.org and Townlands.ie. (No link I am afraid - you have to find the map - use Fallylea Bridge - and then zoom in on Maghera until you find the townland).
- The 1901 census has no listing for Fallylea but it does appear in the 1911 census in the Tullykeeran DED (Click on Search). Logainm has no entry for this ED and Townlands shows it covering the Killelagh and Maghera parishes (which is correct).
- The Tullykeeran DED does not feature in the 1901 census at all under that name.
- The townland has been placed in Killelagh Civil Parish as per Logainm and Griffiths since Shane Wilson's registration districts places Fallylea in Killelagh parish as well.
- ↑ Fallylea on Logainm.ie
- ↑ Fallylea on Griffiths Valuations
- ↑ List of Townlands in County Londonderry
- ↑ Fallylea on Townlands.ie
- ↑ Fallylea Bridge on PlacenamesNI.org
- ↑ Magherafelt Click on Killelagh in the Counties and Civil Parishes Included list
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.