Surnames/tags: Fiddown Kilkenny Leinster
|Main Kilkenny Page
|Category for Fiddown Parish
|Civil Parishes in County Kilkenny
Part of the Ireland Project
- This information page for the Civil Parish contains a list of all the townlands in the parish and links to the category for the townland (if it has been created). There also may be notes about the individual townlands.
- This page is maintained by the County Kilkenny team
Fiddown Civil Parish
- Irish or Alternate Name: Fiodh Dúin.
- Logainm Link: Fiddown Parish on Logainm.ie
- Baronies: Iverk, Knocktopher
- Province: Leinster
Population Centres of Fiddown Civil Parish
- Note: Population centres for this Parish, where known, are shown here. For a full list see Towns of County Kilkenny
- Irish or Alternate Name: Baile an Phoill.
- WikiTree Category: Category for Pilltown
- Map: Google Maps OpenStreetMap
The Townlands of Fiddown Civil Parish
- The townlands in Fiddown Parish (Fiodh Dúin) are those taken from Fiddown Parish on Logainm.ie and validated against townlands on Townlands.ie, PlacenamesNI.org where appropriate, Griffiths valuations data and the 1901 and 1911 censuses. A link is provided in the notes for the 1901 and 1911 census. Please note that these may not always work if the townland was not available on the census in question. The census site may also substitute a similar name so be prepared for unexpected results!
- If the townland has a category it will be linked in the table below. If there is no link and you need the category please contact David to get the category created or put in a request for the category to be created. Alternatively, if you feel condifent to do so, see Townland Category Information Boxes below for how to create them yourself.
Townland Irish/Alternate name WikiTree Category Link Notes Ardclone Ardchluain 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ashtown Baile na Fuinseoige 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballyglassoon Baile Uí Ghlasún 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballygown Baile an Ghabhann 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballynametagh Baile na mBiatach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballypatrick Baile Phádraig 1901 Census, 1911 Census Banagher Beannchar 1901 Census, 1911 Census Belline and Rogerstown Baile Uí Fhinn agus Caisleán Bhaile Ruairí 1901 Census, 1911 Census Brenar Bréanair 1901 Census, 1911 Census Cashel or Tobernafauna Tobar Afána 1901 Census, 1911 Census Corbally An Corrbhaile 1901 Census, 1911 Census Corloughan Corr Lochan 1901 Census, 1911 Census Dowling Dobhlainn 1901 Census, 1911 Census Fiddown Fiodh Dúin 1901 Census, 1911 Census Glenbower An Gleann Bodhar 1901 Census, 1911 Census Gortrush Gort an Rois 1901 Census, 1911 Census Jamestown Baile Shéamais 1901 Census, 1911 Census Kildalton Cill an Dátúnaigh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Kilmanahin Cill Mhainchín 1901 Census, 1911 Census Kilmogue Cill Mhóg 1901 Census, 1911 Census Mullenbeg An Muileann Beag 1901 Census, 1911 Census Oldcourt An tSeanchathair 1901 Census, 1911 Census Raheen An Ráithín 1901 Census, 1911 Census Sandpits Clasa Gainimhe 1901 Census, 1911 Census Templeorum Teampall Fhothram 1901 Census, 1911 Census Tinnakilly Tigh na Coille 1901 Census, 1911 Census Tobernabrone Tobar na Brón 1901 Census, 1911 Census Turkstown Baile na dTurcach 1901 Census, 1911 Census
- A list of external resources may be placed here
- Whilst care is taken to ensure links are not made to disreputable, phishing or other sites of doubtful integrity it is your responsibility to ensure that you are not going to such a site by clicking on one of the links below which may have been added after this page was created.
Townland Category Information Boxes
- For the full 'How to' on creating Irish location categories please read 'Creating Location Categories for Ireland'
- The pre-formatted line for each townland and the fully formatted CIB header can be seen below this page when in edit mode. Please ensure you have read the 'How to' before doing anything. Briefly, the pre-formatted line in the hidden text is used to replace the line above. The CIB text is pasted into the category which is created by clicking on the red category link.
- Parish format version 3.1. Incorporated CIB texts.
- Information shown on this page may have been sourced from one or more of the following sources.
- Logainm.ie The Placenames Database of Ireland created by Fiontar & Scoil na Gaeilge in collaboration with The Placenames Branch (Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht).
- Placenamesni.org a UK Government website managed by the Information Unit of Land & Property Services (LPS) Agency, Department of Finance and Personnel (DFP)
- Griffiths Valuation AskAboutIreland.ie and the Cultural Heritage Project is an initiative of public libraries together with local museums and archives.
- Townlands.ie Irish Townlands derived from OpenStreetMap data under the Open Data Commons Open Database License (ODbL).
- Census of Ireland 1901/1911 and Census fragments and substitutes, 1821-51
- List of towns and villages in the Republic of Ireland and List of towns and villages in Northern Ireland
- General alphabetical index to townlands and towns, parishes and baronies of Ireland Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive