Navigation: Nordic Project > Finland Project Reliable Sources
|Page maintained by |
the Finland Project
- Original documents and church books in the The National Archives Service of Finland
- SSHY, Suomen Sukuhistoriallinen yhdistys, FFHA, Finland's Family History Association - Digitized church books, court records and other original documents.
- The Hiski Project, Genealogical Society of Finland search engine to digitized church books. Cite the church books, not Hiski
- Finnish national library digital collection.
- Helsinki university student rosters
- Helsinki university rosters of faculties, professors, teachers and war victims
- Diplomatarium Fennicum - Finnish National Archives list of digitized books Transcripts of medieval documents are subject to interpretation as they are generally hard to read, so there can be mistakes. Try to view the original pictures whenever possible.
- Transcriptions of historical documents by Pauli Kruhse
- Published articles and books with sources cited. Publications through genealogical associations are often peer reviewed as well.
- Old publications that are in the public domain made available online. Older books, while generally well researched may have out of date data because of new research findings.
- Matrikel öfwer Swea rikes ridderskap och adel Part 1 1751
- Matrikel öfwer Swea rikes ridderskap och adel Part 2 1755
- Biographiskt Lexicon öfver namnkunnige Svenska Män Free Google books
- Nordisk familjebok
- Svenska adelns ättartaflor
- Sveriges Ridderskaps och Adels Kalender
- Svensk Adelskalender
- Frälsesläkter i Finland intill stora ofreden
- Adel präster smugglare bönder
- Danmarks adels aarbog
- Historiskt bibilotek
- Fordna Wiborgs och nuvarande Borgå stifts herdaminne
- Karl XII:s officerare by Adam Lewenhaupt
- Genealogisches Handbuch der baltischen Ritterschaften, Teil 2, 1: Estland
- Stammtafeln nicht immatrikulierter baltischer adelsgeschlechter
- Slägten Petersohn - Några anteckningar
Reliable With Conditions
- Find A Grave, Billiongraves, Geneanet and Genealogical Society of Finland graves database would be deemed reliable only when a picture of the headstone is provided. Remember that even grave markers can have errors in name spelling and dates.
- Wikipedia, Adelsvapen and other Wiki's, including WikiTree are only as reliable as the sources they cite.
- User generated online trees like Geni, MyHeritage, Ancestry, FamilySearch, Rootsweb, Geneanet, etc. These kinds of sites can be used to find details that can lead to reliable sources. Some trees cite sources that can be used for your profiles when you have checked them out. Never use a user generated tree as source.
- A generic familysearch.com or ancestry.com should never be used as source citations. Always cite the specific documents where you found the information.
- Published books, articles and blogs that do not have sources listed.
- See also Category:Frauds_and_Fabrications