Surnames/tags: Finnish_Roots Finland
Categories: Finnish Projects.
Our goal is to support research and collaboration on profiles of Finnish Heritage or Origin, and to foster connections among researchers with common interests and the development of shared resources to advance these aims. We aim to be an asset to the Wikitree community and to Finnish Genealogy in general. We encourage development of Name and Place studies pertinent to Finnish Roots.
Right now this project just has one member, me. I am Andrea Rezabek.
Here are some of the tasks that I think need to be done. I'll be working on them, and could use your help.
- Add the Finnish Roots template to profiles that have Finnish heritage or lived in Finland.
- Start a One Name Study for your Finnish Surnames
- Start a One Place Study for a location of interest to your genealogy research
- Arkistolaitos - The National Archives Service of Finland Free
- SSHY, Suomen Sukuhistoriallinen yhdistys, FFHA, Finland's Family History Association
- Access to Parish records behind a paywall.
- The Hiski Project, Genealogical Society of Finland search engine. Provides free access to many original records
- Finlander, The Swedish-Finn Historical Society
- Dictionaries from Historismi.Net
- Interested in Finnish Roots? New Free-space Project. Aug 17, 2016.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 18 Aug 2016 at 04:27 GMT Anna Wahlberg wrote: