Location: Chester, South Carolina
Surnames/tags: Cemeteries South_Carolina
This Presbyterian Congregation reportedly was established ca 1752. The present building dates from 1785 and was enclosed in brick in 1958.
The remains of Colonial era settlers and veterans from all the United States' major wars are buried in this cemetery.
This free space page for the Fishing Creek Presbyterian Cemetery is part of WikiTree's South Carolina Cemeteries Project, and was created to document the life and times of our ancestors that are interred there. The South Carolina Cemeteries Project is a subproject of the larger U.S. Cemeteries Project.
Fishing Creek Presbyterian Cemetery is located at 3087 Fishing Creek Church/State Road 32 in Chester, South Carolina.
This page is a work in progress, and will remain so until the Table of Interments (below) is completed. The Table of Interments is a sortable listing of persons interred at this cemetery, some or all of whom are linked to existing WikiTree profiles. Although all grave markers in this cemetery have been photographed (or will be shortly), the photos can only be displayed for persons with existing WikiTree profiles. If you know of a person interred at this cemetery that should be linked to an existing WikiTree profile, or needs to have a profile created for them, please contact Jo Gill for assistance.
Contact Information, Location and Map
Address and Phone
3087 Fishing Creek Church/State Road 32
Chester, Chester County, South Carolina 29706
GPS Coordinates (WGS84)
Fishing Creek Presbyterian Cemetery on Google Maps
Links to Other Online Resources
Churches and Cemeteries page
Find A Grave page
Billion Graves page
- In progress (approximately 831 interments at this location)
- 1 grave markers photographed
- Approximately 0% of grave markers photographed w/ GPS coordinates on April 17, 2017
- In progress
- 1 transcriptions completed
- 1 photographs linked in Table of Interments, below.
Project members are needed to:
- Assist with data collection and grave marker transcriptions
- Additional photography and GPS data collection is needed, and previously collected data can be sent by email to other members willing to assist with transcriptions.
- Link existing profiles or create new profiles for persons listed in the Table of Interments
- When complete, everyone listed in the Table of Interments will be linked to their own WikiTree profile, and to a photo of that person's corresponding grave marker. The created profiles can include other genealogical and biographical information as well as a listing of sources for documentation.
- Validate links and transcription information
- Profile and photo links and transcribed information needs to be cross-checked to ensure accuracy.
- Create an audio/video tour of the cemetery
- Record a virtual tour of the cemetery that can be viewed as downloadable media on computers, tablets or other device. Such a tour would take the viewer around the cemetery to explore the history of the people buried here. Background information can be supplied. Those with mobile internet access can access online links to more information.
Table of Interments
|Last Name||First/MI||Born||Died||Age||Notes||Inscription||Photo Date||Photo (click for larger)|
|Gill||George||1761-00-00||1844-00-00||~83||Revolutionary War Veteran||2017-04-17|
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)