Location: Worcester County, Massachusetts. United States
Fitchburg is a small city in central Massachusetts, in Worcester County, north of the city of Worcester. It is a factory town along the Nashua river that boomed in the Industrial Revolution.
(There is also a city in Wisconsin named Fitchburg, near Madison.)
Fitchburg in January 1989 Some brief glimpses of Fitchburg, Mass in 1989, and a few of its schools.
Fitchburg in November 1941 Restored footage from the archive of the Fitchburg Historical Society, about 90 minutes: Veterans Day Parade, city offices and departments, public works, numerous churches, some schools, clips from junior high and high school football games, visiting nurses, Burbank Hospital Campus, Nursing Program at Fitchburg Teacher's College. Feel free to skip the first 9 minutes of introduction.
The War Years 1775-1945
- Fitchburg sent 176 service to fight in the Revolutionary War.
- Fitchburg sent 824 men to battle in the Civil War. Of them, 142 were killed.
- Fitchburg lost 76 soldiers during World War I.
- Fitchburg lost 192 soldiers during World War II.
 War statistics from website
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)