Also spelt as 'Foulowe'.
Foolow is a village in the Derbyshire Peak District and is closely linked to nearby Eyam. It has a duck pond and an ancient cross. Recently it became famous because of the collapse of a large area of the hillside into old mine workings.
St Hugh’s Church, Foolow is a Grade II listed parish church in the Church of England in Foolow, Derbyshire. St Hugh (1140–1200 AD) was Bishop of Lincoln and known as the English St Francis. In 1888, a Mr Bagshawe of Sheffield purchased a disused smithy to convert it into a church dedicated to St Hugh. The church opened on 17 December 1888. It is closely linked to nearby Eyam Parish church.