The ship Forfarshire sailed from London (15 April), and Plymouth (27 April); arriving in Port Adelaide on 1 August 1848. Under Captain Adolphus Tudor and Surgeon-superintendent Dr. Hodges with 234 Government immigrants. (one adult died on the passage, and 6 births)
Passenger Lists etc.
- Forfarshire 1848 as transcribed by Malcolm Frost in 2003 from Diane Cummings BOUND FOR SOUTH AUSTRALIA website at: https://bound-for-south-australia.collections.slsa.sa.gov.au/1848Forfarshire.htm (formerly the State Library of South Australia website.)
- 15/04/1848 - 01/08/1848 from the Passengers in History website. An initiative of the South Australian Maritime Museum. first accessed online on the 15th of March 2020 at: http://passengersinhistory.sa.gov.au/node/944413
- SHIPPING INTELLIGENCE. from the South Australian Register (Adelaide, SA : 1839 - 1900) of Wednesday 2 August 1848, Page 3. first accessed online on the 15th of March 2020 at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/48729311
- SHIPPING INTELLIGENCE. from the Adelaide Observer (SA : 1843 - 1904) of Saturday 5 August 1848, Page 1. first accessed online on the 15th of March 2020 at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/158926378
- The two newspapers carry identical passenger lists.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)