As soon as you've received your Welcome email, you can choose a profile to work on from the Orphaned Profile List.
Once you've made your selection (only one profile!), submit the WikiTree ID to your Guide and they will adopt it on your behalf. At this time, you'll be provided with confirmation that the profile has been adopted for you.
When you're cleared to begin work on your selected profile, you should start by reviewing the instructions provided in the Resources page. Then, you should review the profile as it exists now, before you start working on it.
- Review the name fields. Do they match what is expected of a French profile? See Name Fields in French profiles for help.
- Review the location name fields. Are they spelled correctly? Do they match the time period for the profile? See France Location Fields for help.
- Search for and confirm sources for birth, marriage and death, using our guide to 19th century sources in France. Once you're certain you've got the correct source, add it to the profile.
- Use a Research Notes section for any information that you are unable to confirm, find, or is disputed. This will allow others to perform futher research later.
- Review your profile for completeness. A basic profile should include enough information to prevent incorrect merging, a basic biography narrative, and a Research Notes section for any incomplete or unverified information on the profile. Use the checklists below for items to be verified.
- Submit your profile to your Guide, for review. They will provide you with feedback and you should make any further edits they recommend, before choosing your next profile to work on.
- After completing two profiles from the 1806-1900 period, you'll move on to the 1793-1806 period, and complete one profile in this second stage before moving on to the pre-1793 period.
- 1806-1900 resource page
- Basic genealogical French-English lexicon
- Occupations lexicon
- Source Citation Examples
- France Location Fields
- Name Fields in French profiles
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)