Location: Pinola, Simpson, Mississippi, United States
This project will catalog and document all burials in Francis M. Walker Cemetery, located in Pinola, Simpson County, Mississippi. This free space page for the New Hope Cemetery is part of WikiTree's Mississippi Cemeteries Project, and was created to document the life and times of our ancestors that are interred there. The Mississippi Cemeteries Project is a sub-project of the larger U.S. Cemeteries Project.
This page is a work in progress, and will remain so until the Table of Interments (below) is completed. The Table of Interments is a sortable listing of persons interred at this cemetery, some or all of whom are linked to existing WikiTree profiles. If you know of a person interred at this cemetery that should be linked to an existing WikiTree profile, or needs to have a profile created for them, please contact Myrtis Bishop for assistance.
Contact Information, Location and Map
- Located in Pinola, near Mt. Zion Church
- GPS Coordinates (WGS84)
- 31.789025, -90.027034 need to find
- Francis M Walker Cemetery on Google Maps need to find
Unsure who operates and maintains this cemetery.
As of Mar 10, 2017, Findagrave has 12 graves and 33% photographed.
- 0% of marked graves in this cemetery have been photographed by Myrtis Bishop on 07/05/2014.
- Data Transcription
- 0% of all marked graves
- Link to Profiles
- 0% of all marked graves
- Link existing profiles or create new profiles for persons listed in the Table of Interments
- When complete, everyone listed in the Table of Interments will be linked to their own WikiTree profile, and to a photo of that person's corresponding grave marker. The created profiles can include other genealogical and biographical information as well as a listing of sources for documentation.
- Validate links and transcription information
- Profile and photo links and transcribed information needs to be cross-checked to ensure accuracy.
- Create an audio/video tour of the cemetery
- Record a virtual tour of the cemetery that can be viewed as downloadable media on computers, tablets or other device. Such a tour would take the viewer around the cemetery to explore the history of the people buried here. Background information can be supplied. Those with mobile internet access can access online links to more information.
Table of Interments
Data given is as on Headstone
|Last Name||First/Middle Names/Initials||Born||Died||Inscription (notes)||Photo (click for larger)|
|Walker||Francis||Jul. 8, 1758-07-08||1846-03-11||Rev||Image:Walker-4450.jpg|