upload image

Franklin Township, Jackson County, Ohio

Privacy Level: Open (White)
Date: [unknown] [unknown]
Location: [unknown]
This page has been accessed 20 times.
Jackson County Airport

Franklin Township organized in 1816, was one of the three original townships, and the first one which had its name and bounds described by the county commissioners. The original township of Franklin contained the whole of the present township, two thirds of Jefferson and six sections each from the east side of Scioto and Hamilton townships.

The early settlers of Franklin Township are: David Sheward, Samuel Traxler, Robert Mercer, Thomas Brunton, Jacob Wishow, John Stropes, Hugh Gilliland, John Burnside, Jacob Shoemaker, Wm. Buckley, Joseph Westlake, Peter Bunn, Nottingham Mercer, Samuel Bunn, Thomas Craig, Jacob Shellenger, Ezekiel Boggs, Ezekiel Masters, C. Karr, John Lackey, George Gaught, Silas Lake, Abijah Dawson, Wm. Clark, James Dawson, Joseph Baker, Joseph Mercer, Sr.,Jacob Stiffler, Daniel Spriggs and J. J. Evans.

Sources

See also:



This is an "orphaned" profile — there's no Profile Manager to watch over it. Please adopt this profile.


Collaboration
  • Login to edit this profile and add images.
  • Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)


Comments

Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.