Location: Buckingham, Virginia, United States
Freedman's Bureau April of 1965 Documents.
- Contract of Employment between Marcus C Elcan and Freedman's Bureau.
Know all men by these present That I M.C. Elcan and the undersign laborers, both of the county of Buckingham County do mutually agree and find ourselves to be required by the following writings. It is being the following between Mr. M.C. Elcan and laborers they are to work for him from the fourth day of April eighteen hundred sixty five to the twenty fifth day of December eighteen hundred sixty five upon the following terms named. for one third of the wheat that are made after reserving seed which was sixty three bushels, one third of oats that are made after reserving seed which was one hundred thirty five bushels, one third of the corn, one third of the [?] seven crops, one half of the sweet potatoes, one half of the peas, one half of the watermelons, one half of the corn, & fodder I get from [?].
signed: M.C. Elcan
|First Name||Age||Birth Year||Sex||Residence|
|Issac Brown||Male||Buckingham, Virginia. Samuel, Father's Will|
|Collins Davenport||46||1824||Male||Buckingham, Virginia|
|David Davenport||50||1815||Male||Buckingham, Virginia|
|Harrison Brumley||Male||Buckingham, Virginia|
|Archer Brown||Male||Buckingham, Virginia.|
|Peter Brown||Male||Buckingham, Virginia|
|Patience Brown||Female||Buckingham, Virginia|
|Caroline Smith||40||1825||Female||Buckingham, Virginia|
|Callie Young||Female||Buckingham, Virginia|
|Lucy Washington||Female||Buckingham, Virginia|
|Lucy Ann Langhorn||Female||Buckingham, Virginia|
|Annie Smith||15||1850||Female||Buckingham, Virginia|
|Mary Haskins||27||1838||Female||Buckingham, Virginia|
- ↑ U.S., Freedmen's Bureau Records, 1865-1878, NARA Series Number:: M1913; NARA Reel Number:: 62; NARA Record Group Number:: 105; NARA - https://www.ancestry.com/discoveryui-content/view/546294:62309?tid=&pid=&queryId=55d6f948eae2457bd5cfd1a560cddc78&_phsrc=uHH2778&_phstart=successSource
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)