Surnames/tags: france sources disproven_existence
Welcome to France Project Ancestors Cleanup Team
The French Ancestors Cleanup team is part of the France Project.
Team Leader Isabelle Martin
- Provide correct, sourced and as complete as possible ancestries for migrating ancestors.
- Document and disconnect spurious ancestors.
To join this team, it is necessary to:
- Identify profiles for deep ancestors needing work
- Find sources for ancestors.
- Fix profile Suggestions
- Cleanup and rewrite biographies.
- Merge duplicates
- Add profiles for family members and ancestors not yet on WikiTree
- Ancestors with uncertain or absent sources marked Uncertain
- Disproven ancestors disconnected, catalogued and categorized
- After disconnecting incorrect parents from an ancestor, please request PPP status for the profile in order to prevent the error from being repeated.
Dubious lines needing review
Below is a list of profiles whose parents and further ancestors appear dubious.
|Jean Chabot||https://www.wikitree.com/g2g/887600||No source confirming parents|
|Estienne Bourdon||Sources show attached mother is incorrect|
|Pierre Lafond||Father and most children are problematic|
|Grégoire Vivier||Problematic wife and child attached, daughter (FàM) is unsourced|
|Mathurin Roy||Ancestors in Saint-Malo are probably not his.|
|Jean Soucy||Unsourced parents|
|Michelle Catherine Paillard|
|Pierre Parent||See grandparents and further ancestors|
|Xainte Aubry||Grandmother of Sainte Dupont|
|Simon Savart||Paternal ancestors.|
|René Racine||This man's parents are unknown per Fichier Origine|
|Noël Simard||Ancestors beyond grandparents are unsourced and dubious.|
|Jean Giroux||Parents shown are Asselin (immigrant David's parents).|
|Jean Paddoc||https://www.wikitree.com/g2g/921437||Spurious Huguenot ancestor, almost certainly an Anjou creation.|
Lines lacking sources
The lines below are supposed correct but need sources and clean-up to look good:
- Catherine de Baillon's lineage clean-up - See special free-space page and https://www.wikitree.com/g2g/484463
- Jean Pierre Bondurant: Typically unsourced Huguenot profile claiming to be 28th great-grandson of Charlemagne. Sources are available for most of the mother's lineage, leading to some hope that there is a chance to clean this up.
- Jacques Guéret dit Dumont: unsourced profile with many also unsourced ancestors leading to Pétronille de Montfort as a "gateway". This is apparently based on Francogene and a post at https://soc.genealogy.medieval.narkive.com/ (https://soc.genealogy.medieval.narkive.com/EYny1ATb/de-meherenc-de-montmirel-royal-gateway-new).
- Charlotte de Coppequesne. Many misnamed, unsourced profiles and duplicates in her ancestry.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Greg Lavoie, Isabelle Martin, and France Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)