Surnames/tags: france sources disproven_existence
Welcome to France Project Ancestors Cleanup Team
The French Ancestors Cleanup team is part of the France Project.
Team Leader Isabelle Martin
- Provide correct, sourced and as complete as possible ancestries for migrating ancestors.
- Document and disconnect spurious ancestors.
To join this team, it is necessary to:
- Identify profiles for deep ancestors needing work
- Find sources for ancestors.
- Fix profile Suggestions
- Cleanup and rewrite biographies.
- Merge duplicates
- Add profiles for family members and ancestors not yet on WikiTree
- Ancestors with uncertain or absent sources marked Uncertain
- Disproven ancestors disconnected, catalogued and categorized
- After disconnecting incorrect parents from an ancestor, please request PPP status for the profile in order to prevent the error from being repeated.
Dubious lines needing review
Below is a list of profiles whose parents and further ancestors appear dubious.
|Jean Chabot||Fixed||https://www.wikitree.com/g2g/887600||No source confirming parents|
|Estienne Bourdon||Sources show attached mother is incorrect|
|Pierre Lafond||Father and most children are problematic|
|Claude Hubert||Unsourced parents|
|Geneviève Gaugé||Unsourced parents|
|Marie Boileau||All paternal GGParents unsourced|
|Grégoire Vivier||Problematic wife and child attached, daughter (FàM) now has sources, both she and brother Pierre Vivier have marriage record images visible on profiles. The extra wife with Barrier child is totally unsourced. LNAB also needs some research for him, daughter's name goes many ways. Surces added to relevant profiles|
|Mathurin Roy||Ancestors in Saint-Malo are probably not his.|
|Jean Soucy||Unsourced parents|
|Michelle Catherine Paillard|
|Pierre Parent||Fixed||Profiles previously connected as grandparents and further ancestors lived in the 19th and 20th centuries. Also fixed the conflation with André Coudray's parents|
|Xainte Aubry||Grandmother of Sainte Dupont|
|Simon Savart||Paternal ancestors.|
|René Racine||This man's parents are unknown per Fichier Origine|
|Noël Simard||Ancestors beyond grandparents are unsourced and dubious.|
|Jean Giroux||Parents shown are Asselin (immigrant David's parents).|
|Jean Paddoc||https://www.wikitree.com/g2g/921437||Spurious Huguenot ancestor, almost certainly an Anjou creation.|
|Julienne-Anne Dumont||Poorly sourced maternal noble lineage|
|Jacques David||Dubious, poorly sourced lineage to Julien David (1175-1240)|
|Marie Couture||Fixed||Almost certainly belongs to wrong family group, should be disconnected from parents|
|Joseph Bonneau||Bonneau grandparents actually belong to his wife; i.e. Duchesne.|
|Elizabeth Ann Beauchamp||Mostly fixed, still attached as mother of Peter Rucker||https://www.wikitree.com/g2g/1247977/can-we-clean-up-this-beauchamp-lineage||Connected as sibling of Catholic Jacques Beauchamp dit le grand, somehow is born in Poitou-Charentes, marries a Protestant in Bavaria, and then has a son who settles in Virginia.|
|Francois Denys||Fichier Origine makes no mention of this supposed son of Simon Denis de la Trinité (1600-1678), profile claims that he died in Canada in about 1721 but no evidence exists of him in the parish registers.|
Oscar Philibert Cleanup
Attempted cleanup of the ancestry of Oscar Joseph Philibert, June 1, 2021.
- Vivienne Bunel (1626-1699) Unsourced parents. - G2G posted
- François Ligier (abt.1550-1598) Added note that parents are unsourced.
- Paul Michel Dupont (abt.1569-1608) Poorly sourced, unsourced parents and grandparents.
- Henriette Boullain (abt.1540-) Her parents should be unknown
- Marsault Simard (abt.1575-1650) Last known ancestor in this line, yet has more ancestors added - checked, need to add note (see above)
- René Racine (1577-aft.1628) has unsourced ancestors not mentioned by Fichier Origine (see above)
- Jean Achon (abt.1610-1657) Parents are possible but not confirmed; research notes needed
- Michelle Journel (abt.1580-bef.1630) Unsourced parents, not found elsewhere - noted on profile
- Marthe Duclos (abt.1628-bef.1687) Unsourced parents - Marthe is only known by being named on marriage of son
- Laurent Poitras (1618-1650) Unsourced parents added, there are no records for this family that could possibly name parents
- Mathurin Chalifou (abt.1585-bef.1644) Unsourced parents, unaccounted for by Fichier Origine
- Marie Gaborit (abt.1590-1644) Unsourced parents, unaccounted for by Fichier Origine
- Jeanne Moreau (1595-1640) Unsourced and unlikely parents
- Done (as of 1 June 2021)
- Joseph Pierre Michaud (1581-1637) Disconnected parents with note
- Pierre Saint-Denis (abt.1626-1686) Disconnected parents and PPP
- Éloy Pelletier (abt.1563-abt.1620) Disconnected parents with note
- Simon Pajot (1510-bef.1563) Disconnected parents
- Marie Parmentier (abt.1620-) Disconnected parents
- Yves Bernier (abt.1607-1656) Disconnected parents and PPP
- Barbe Bourguignon (1624-) Disconnected parents, with note
- Jean Bouffard (abt.1615-abt.1680) Disconnected parents, with note
- Marie Aucouturier (abt.1630-abt.1680) Incorrectly grafted to the Couture family, disconnected with note
- Marie Boillerot (1590-1667) Disconnected parents and protected
- André Terrien (1611-1661) Disconnected parents, added note.
- Pierre Campion (bef.1628-1695) Disconnected parents, added note
- Mathieu (Paret) Paré (1595-1652) Disconnected parents, added note
- Noël LeGrand (abt.1570-) Disconnected parents, added note
- Jeanne Leroy (abt.1555-) Disconnected parents, added note
Lines lacking sources
The lines below are supposed correct but need sources and clean-up to look good:
- Catherine de Baillon's lineage clean-up - See special free-space page and https://www.wikitree.com/g2g/484463
- Jean Pierre Bondurant: Typically unsourced Huguenot profile claiming to be 28th great-grandson of Charlemagne. Sources are available for most of the mother's lineage, leading to some hope that there is a chance to clean this up.
- Jacques Guéret dit Dumont: Mainly poorly sourced ancestors leading to Pétronille de Montfort as a "gateway". This is apparently based on Francogene and a post at https://soc.genealogy.medieval.narkive.com/ (https://soc.genealogy.medieval.narkive.com/EYny1ATb/de-meherenc-de-montmirel-royal-gateway-new). Other source: Alain Contant "De Dumont à Bouchard de Méhérenc" MSGCF (Mémoires de la Société Généalogique Canadienne Française) vol. 52 no 2. p. 91-93. Fichier Origine covers up to Françoise Méhérenc's parents.
- Charlotte de Coppequesne. Many misnamed, unsourced profiles and duplicates in her ancestry.
- Julien Charles Sévigny Fichier Origine claims that Renaud de Sévigne is his grandfather but important information about his father is missing. FrancoGene does not accept the lineage. Father's profile is unsourced on WikiTree.
- Catherine de Belleau: Tested maternal royal gateway claim and found the lineage problematic. See Jean de Goussencourt for research note. Also left note on paternal grandfather's profile about possible family connections.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Greg Lavoie, Isabelle Martin, and France Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)