Surnames/tags: education conferences events
This is a space to list genealogy conferences and closely related events focused on further genealogy education. This is not a space for webinars.
Add further events chronologically by start date. Do not delete past events, as these may be a useful reference for finding other events organized by the same groups. All textual information posted in this space is to be free for reuse without restriction.
- YYYY-MM-DD | length in days | Location | Organization / Organizer | Conference Name | Brief description (200 characters or less)
For the organization and conference name, include a link if applicable. In order to facilitate web scraping of this, do not use the "|" character except as a separator, as demonstrated.
- 2018-04-13 | 2 | Oshkosh, Wisconsin, United States | Wisconsin State Genealogical Society | Gen-A-Rama 2018 | Theme: Rediscovering Your Love of Genealogy – Moving from Overwhelmed to Organized.
- 2018-04-20 | 3 | Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada | Saskatchewan Genealogical Society | SGS 2018 Conference | Your Family History: Finding and Assembling the Pieces.
- 2018-04-21 | 1 | Glenrothes, Fife, Scotland, United Kingdom | The Scottish Association of Family History Societies | The 29th SAFHS Conference & Family History Fair | The theme of "Was Your Ancestor a Convict?" at The Rothes Halls, Glenrothes, Fife.
- 2018-06-01 | 2 | Burbank, California, United States | Southern California Genealogical Society | Jamboree 2018 | (details)
- 2018-06-01 | 3| Guelph, Ontario, Canada | Ontario Genealogical Society | 2018 Annual Conference | Upper Canada to Ontario: The Birth of a Nation.
- 2018-06-13 | 4 | Buffalo, New York, United States | Palatines to America German Genealogy Society | 2018 National Conference | Willkommen to Buffalo - Gateway to a New Heimat (home).
- 2018-07-18 | 5 | Pierre, South Dakota, United States | Germans from Russia Heritage Society | 48th Annual International Convention | (details)
- 2018-07-27 | 3 | Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Society for German Genealogy in Eastern Europoe | 20th Anniversary Convention: Hands-On Genealogy | Workshops & programs for researching German ancestors in Poland & Volhynia.
- 2018-07-30 | 4 | Hays, Kansas, United States | American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (AHSGR) | 49th Annual AHSGR Convention | (details)
- 2018-07-31 | 4 | Provo, Utah, United States | Brigham Young University | BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy | Conference offers more than 100 classes, including a free track on Friday for Family History Consultants, allowing participants to gain new skills and helpful information.
- 2018-08-05 | 4 | Warsaw, Poland | The International Association of Jewish Genealogical Societies (IAJGS) | 38th IAJGS International Conference on Jewish Genealogy | "More than 300 events, panel discussions, and workshops focusing on genealogy methodology, available archival resources, and the history of all Jewish communities with special emphasis on the Jews of Central and Eastern Europe."
- 2018-08-06 | 5 | Salt Lake City, Utah, United States | Foundation for East European Family History Studies | 2018 Eastern European Family History Conference | (details)
- 2018-08-10 | 2 | Columbia, Missouri, United States | Missouri State Genealogical Association | 2018 Conference | (details)
- 2018-08-15 | 4 | Arlington, Washington, United States | Stillaguamish Valley Genealogical Society | 2018 Northwest Genealogy Conference | More details & updates on their page.
- 2018-08-22 | 4 | Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States | Federation of Genealogical Societies | FGS 2018 National Conference | FGS & Allen County Public Library (local host) bring you sessions with a wide variety of topics from many of the nation’s top family history experts.
- 2018-09-13 | 4 | Tarrytown, New York, United States | New York Family History and Biographical Society | 2018 New York State Family History Conference | 2½ days of lectures, workshops, and a vibrant exhibit hall. 45 conference sessions on New York records, genealogy methodology, DNA and genealogy, and more.
- 2018-09-28 | 3 | Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada | Kelowna & District Genealogical Society | Harvest Your Family Tree Conference 2018 | 11 acclaimed speakers from Australia, USA and Canada with 31 topics.
- 2018-10-05 | 2 | Sturbridge, Massachusetts, United States | Swedish Ancestry Research Association (SARA) | Swedish American Genealogy Conference | Find your relatives in America. Find your family back in Sweden. Follow their lives in Sweden.
- 2018-10-12 | 3 | Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada | Alberta Genealogy Society | Medicine Hat & District Branch Conference | 40-years of genealogical research. Featuring DNA specialist Diahan Southard and blogger Gena Philibert-Ortega.
- 2018-10-27 | 1 | Edina, Minnesota, United States | Swedish Genealogical Society of Minnesota | Fall Conference Featuring Lisa Louise Cooke | 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- 2018-11-02 | 3 | Oslo, Norway | MyHeritage | MyHeritage LIVE | The first ever MyHeritage International User Conference. Learn more about MyHeritage products (current and future) directly from the senior MyHeritage staff, hear invited speakers who are leaders in genealogy and DNA research, and meet and make friends with fellow users of MyHeritage.
- 2019-01-13 | 6 | Salt Lake City, Utah, United States | Utah Genealogical Association | Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG) | High-intermediate to Advanced Education.
- 2019-01-21 | 5 | Salt Lake City, Utah, United States | Utah Genealogical Association | Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG) Academy for Professionals | For Professionals and Budding Professionals.
- 2019-02-27 | 4 | Salt Lake City, Utah, United States | FamilySearch | RootsTech | (details)
- 2019-04-26 | 3 | Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Alberta Genealogical Society | 2019 AGS Conference: Images Through Time | 300-plus attendees from across Western Canada and Northwestern U.S., learn about emerging technology, social media, DNA, enhancing research techniques and more.
- 2019-05-08 | 4 | St. Charles, Missouri, United States | National Genealogical Society | 2019 Family History Conference | Over 150 lectures, 80 exhbitors, and 2000 genealogists.
- 2019-05-30 | 4 | Burbank, California, United States | Southern California Genealogical Society | Jamboree 2019 | (details)
- 2019-06-07 | 2 | Birmingham, England, United Kingdom | The Genealogy Show | The Genealogy Show | (description)
- 2019-06-15 | 3 | Sacramento, California, United States | Internation German Genealogy Partnership | [ 2019 International German Genealogy Conference] | (details)
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)